Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Direct Debit Season Ticket issue

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I believe that this was fixtures when the 1st direct debit came out for season 2014/2015 but I thought I would let you know what has happened to me, in case it has happened to others.

I have 3 season tickets and I received 3 letters saying that my season tickets have been cancelled and I have a £50 charge due to non-payment of direct debits and my seats are now on general sale! . I have rung the office and paid the 3 months so no issue and no extra charge and got the same seats.

They have the correct acc number and sort-code and the dd's should have followed on from last years. The club are saying the bank have rejected the dd's but there is no way this has happened cause a) the money is there, always b) I have had no texts or charges due to rejected dd's. Checked on line and the payments have not come out and there is no dd set up for BHA... Wifey is on phone to Lloyds now to try and sort future ones.

I think the issue is that I cancelled one SS, leaving me with 3 now and I then swapped one seat. I think there is some glitch there somewhere that has caused the dd to fail, but who knows! :shrug:

Anyway, just thought I would let overs know in case the same has happened and they have not received a letter yet and their seats are now on sale!

Edit: Wifey has just called, the dd's were set up by the club to run for 12 months and they did not renew them. Phone call back to the club now to set the dd's up again!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Admin error ? Cancelling one of the season tickets altering the status of the DD from continuous to 12 months plus swapping a seat might have been where it all got cocked up ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I guess with 20k + tickets to deal with there are going to be a few errors, and obviously most likley to be where somethimg has changed and a person has had to be involved. Glad it's been sorted with no real drama but could've been irritating

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Admin error ? Cancelling one of the season tickets altering the status of the DD from continuous to 12 months plus swapping a seat might have been where it all got cocked up ?

Apparently not.. Club said that they sent out a renewal to the bank in March but the bank knows nothing of this. It is now in hands of the club to resend another renewal. So might be the club and might be the banks fault, either way, it was no big deal and I have kept my seats. The biggest issue would have been losing the seats as a) I like them b) I seat next to mates.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Apparently not.. Club said that they sent out a renewal to the bank in March but the bank knows nothing of this. It is now in hands of the club to resend another renewal. So might be the club and might be the banks fault, either way, it was no big deal and I have kept my seats. The biggest issue would have been losing the seats as a) I like them b) I seat next to mates.
That is the only problem with direct debits , neither the originator or the bank will admit they have ****ed up and you're left in the middle to get it sorted out.

Aug 21, 2011
I had exacly the same shock yesterday, got home from work 2 letters from the Albion stating that both mine and my Sons DD's had been unable to be collected for 3 months and the 2 season tickets were now cancelled. This was the first I had heard about this. I called them up and they confirmed our seats were still available and that she was emailing a manager who would call me back to discuss. Intersting though I am also with Lloyds as per the OP. When I spoke to the bank they could offer no help as to who or why it was cancelled, only it cancelled on the 2nd June.
I am still waiting for a call back from the club but will call them later if I dont hear. What concerns me with this is the way they just cancel after no payment for 3 months. If they Wrote out when the first one is missed this could have been easily sorted prior to tickets being cancelled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here