Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear Welbeck might be injured...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because we're so flush with strikers we can really afford to lose one. And one who has played and scored in a Finals tournament as well.

Yeah, great news.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is Wellbeck a striker? I wondered what he did.

8 goals in 24 senior appearances is not too shabby, considering he's not always deployed as an out-and-out striker.

His finish against Sweden in the last Euros was exquisite.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Anyone who is happy about this really does not understand football, and must have had their eyes shut at any BHAFC game last year. Lua Lua was brought on as an impact substitute to terrify tired defenders. It worked on quite a few occasions and this was in the heat of an English winter.

Now England will be in a position where their own impact player - Sterling - will himself be knackered on the 70 minute mark and Hodgson's options for pace off the bench will be limited.

Yep this is really good news at 60% humidity and 30 degree heat, fantastic, please go and spout your nonsense to Talkshite sensationalists....

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I don't want any England Players injured, with Welbeck out Roy might start with Barkley or Stirling I think both these are better and give us a different option for a change. I may be wrong but it's all about opinions.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't want any England Players injured, with Welbeck out Roy might start with Barkley or Stirling I think both these are better and give us a different option for a change. I may be wrong but it's all about opinions.

And will run around like headless chickens and be shattered within 25 minutes.

I know its the in thing to want us to pack the team with young quick players but this wont work from the off in the Manaus, this game will be won/lost in the last 20 minutes.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
And will run around like headless chickens and be shattered within 25 minutes.

I know its the in thing to want us to pack the team with young quick players but this wont work from the off in the Manaus, this game will be won/lost in the last 20 minutes.

Okay, see what your saying. But, play one Stirling keep one Barkley for the last 20 mins I just think they will bring more to our game than Welbeck.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Okay, see what your saying. But, play one Stirling keep one Barkley for the last 20 mins I just think they will bring more to our game than Welbeck.

Welbeck will work hard in a Milner type way, which in a game we cant lose isnt a bad thing.

Barkley is a brilliant footballer, but doesnt really work in a role and wont track back as much and Stirling the same.

I agree both are better footballers, but neither are as good as team players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here