Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Ankergren signed his contract extension ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
In the argus article about Walton it says :

"Ankergren... has been retained leaving Walton.... to fight it out with the veteran Dane to deputise for the new No. 1. installed by Hyypia."

This implies to me that Ankers has signed, so have I missed the official confirmation?

The good news is that Walton apparantly prefers to stay with us rather than go to Arsenal or Man City.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wonder if there's a deadline for the players to sign back on? If I were one of the players with an outstanding offer, I'd get it signed soon, before Hyypia has a look at the squad

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'd be very happy with Ankergren as one of 2 backup keepers. A howler against Forest and a poor kick up field to gift Leeds an equaliser are really the only major errors I can recall from him, and all keepers make mistakes.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I think Ankergren is a decent enough keeper. Can recall plenty of decent saves, and we all make mistakes. A keeper's mistake is just a very visible one and usually disastrous.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought it was interesting to read that Ankergren is considered to be a positive influence in the dressing room. If that is the case, I can see why he has been retained, especially with a young keeper on the books that may need a bit of positive guidance.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Walton as number 2 please as even on loan, what's the guarentee he'll get gametime? I'd like him in the main squad, starting cup games, and ready

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's been no word on Bruno or Calderon either, but Naylor recently tweeted the positions he though Hyypia would need to strengthen and made no mention of right back.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There's been no word on Bruno or Calderon either, but Naylor recently tweeted the positions he though Hyypia would need to strengthen and made no mention of right back.

It probably hinges on whether the club have offered the same or reduced terms for the coming season.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I thought it was interesting to read that Ankergren is considered to be a positive influence in the dressing room. If that is the case, I can see why he has been retained, especially with a young keeper on the books that may need a bit of positive guidance.

Could be implying someone wasn't a good influence in the dressing room ???

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd be pleased for the Ankers to hang on if he's willing to be a number 2 and look to get involved in bringing a gigantic youngster or 2 through with his cheeky ball-control skills. No keeper is blunder-free, and when called upon I would be comfy to rely on him. Much more so than good for a penalty shootout but little else, Brezza.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west

Waiting for Sami to start work tomorrow, so that they may have a chat.

Only player we have signed so far is Toko who we have been after for six months.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'd be very happy with Ankergren as one of 2 backup keepers. A howler against Forest and a poor kick up field to gift Leeds an equaliser are really the only major errors I can recall from him, and all keepers make mistakes.

Or that feeble clearance straight to an opposition player who gratefully lobbed it over him in injury time at Withdean (August 2010 v Rochdale). He can be a dependable keeper but its all the flapping around at set pieces which gives us all palpitations.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
To be fair, TK had his moments. I don't think Anchorman is that bad, and good for him for sticking it out. Just shows that being a keeper must be quite hard when you get so little football. He is still about town, so he hasn't gone anywhere. Him with Walton would suit me. I always thought that having 3 "first choice" goalies was a bit extravagant, and gave the development keeper no hope or aspirations.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Or that feeble clearance straight to an opposition player who gratefully lobbed it over him in injury time at Withdean (August 2010 v Rochdale). He can be a dependable keeper but its all the flapping around at set pieces which gives us all palpitations.

Arsenal I'm the cup would be another one. Flapped at a corner and we're out. I think he's dire.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
To be fair, TK had his moments. I don't think Anchorman is that bad, and good for him for sticking it out. Just shows that being a keeper must be quite hard when you get so little football. He is still about town, so he hasn't gone anywhere. Him with Walton would suit me. I always thought that having 3 "first choice" goalies was a bit extravagant, and gave the development keeper no hope or aspirations.

Walton is still only 18 and has not made a league appearance and Ankergren is well, Ankergren. I think we will sign a new No.1 and Walton will be No.2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here