Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford United EXPELLED from Football Conference

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The Football Conference Ltd has issued the following statement concerning the membership of Hereford United.
The club has confirmed it will not meet the requirements, to which it previously agreed, set by the Board of the Football Conference Ltd on Friday, 6th June enabling the club to retain its membership.
"As the club was advised at the above meeting, the Board has exercised its unanimous decision that should the club fail to fulfil the requirements it would be expelled from the competition and the Company under Article 5.2.
At the Annual General Meeting on 7th June of the Football Conference Ltd, the member clubs agreed to an alternative Constitution for the 2014/15 season, in case of the above eventuality.
Chester FC will now be reprieved from relegation from the Conference Premier and Hayes & Yeading United FC will be reprieved from relegation from Conference South."

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I'm not a Hereford fan but it's sad to see any club struggling when there's so much cash sloshing around the top end of the leagues.

Peter Ward, Ronnie Radford, bullocks, jumpers for goalposts, aaaaah.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Seems the Conference has more balls than the Football League.

Such action from the league may make some clubs think twice before spending beyond their means.

Seems the Conference has more balls than the Football League.

Such action from the league may make some clubs think twice before spending beyond their means.

We lost 14 million quid last year, at what point does it become acceptable?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good, constant financial mismanagement and administration needs to end somewhere. As much as i hate Hereford, and i do, the owners have royally screwed them over.

Good news for Chester and Hayes though, who will no longer be relegated from their leagues which will help them out financially too.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Good, constant financial mismanagement and administration needs to end somewhere. As much as i hate Hereford, and i do, the owners have royally screwed them over.

Good news for Chester and Hayes though, who will no longer be relegated from their leagues which will help them out financially too.

but its the fans and players who suffer? why is this a good thing?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We lost 14 million quid last year, at what point does it become acceptable?

£8m this year, £6m next...

I have always thought a small points deduction is no deterrent to "Phoenixing" administrations like Leeds, Palace, Pompey etc.

Expulsion for administration would make them tighten the purse strings.

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Because a warning needs to be made to other clubs that the league does indeed have the balls to do something about it. This should of course have happened to Portsmouth, but the FL didnt have the balls.

The players wont exactly suffer either, they will just join other clubs, some already have.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I wonder if the Welsh league will take them?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
So what will their fans do now? Form a new club?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I can't believe that old chestnut is trotted out. So you think clubs that go into administration and screw over their creditors like Leicester, Leeds and Palace, shouldn't get pts deductions because if they get relegated or fail to get promoted because of it, 'it's the fans that suffer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here