Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports 5

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Sorry if fixtures I did look...

Sky today announces good news for millions of its customers ahead of the new football season with confirmation that Sky Sports is to launch the first-ever television channel dedicated to European Football.

Sky customers should revisit the site on June 12 to activate Sky Sports 5 and register for two years’ free Sky Broadband Unlimited.

More here

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-a-new-channel-dedicated-to-european-football

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sorry if fixtures I did look...

Sky today announces sky good news for millions of its sky customers ahead of the new sky football season with confirmation that Sky Sports from sky is to launch the first-ever sky television channel dedicated to sky European Football.

Sky customers should revisit the sky site on June 12 to activate Sky Sports 5 and register for two years’ free Sky Broadband Unlimited from sky.

More sky here

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-a-new-channel-dedicated-to-european-football

edited for you.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Definitely a response to BT Sport. BT show Ligue 1, Serie A and Bundesliga and now Sky have La Liga and Eredivisie

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Sky Sports 5 will be the seventh channel from Sky Sports and will be the home of European Qualifiers, UEFA Champions League, La Liga and Copa del Rey for Sky Sports viewers, plus a host of other European football programming including Revista De La Liga and Champions League Weekly.

I thought they lost the rights to Champions League to BT Sport?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I have the sky sports package on Virgin........
I don't suppose it will be included :O

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I suppose that will mean that La Liga games will move from Sky Sports 1/2 to Sky Sports 5?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How about if you already have broadband through Sky??

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I suppose that will mean that La Liga games will move from Sky Sports 1/2 to Sky Sports 5?

That's what I'm worried about. Can only get BT in my flat, so only have SS1 and SS2. Will be cancelling if they only keep English football on those channels.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Really couldn't care less about European football, until we eventually get there of course.

The more attention given to Premiershite, Champions League and Europa League, the less attention goes to our own domestic lower leagues. Eventually our own league suffers as less and less money finds its way down to teams competing in League 1/2, the quality football of played by those teams goes down as the better players move on as quickly as possible, just a downward spiral IMO. The only winners are the very big fish at the top, be they players, teams or TV companies.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
That's what I'm worried about. Can only get BT in my flat, so only have SS1 and SS2. Will be cancelling if they only keep English football on those channels.

Me too. Not worth subscribing to Sky Sports 1 and 2 through BT Vision if much of what is offered at the moment moves to Sky Sports 5. What's the betting that BT Vision eventually offer Sky Sports 5 as well but at an additional cost?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Really couldn't care less about European football, until we eventually get there of course.

The more attention given to Premiershite, Champions League and Europa League, the less attention goes to our own domestic lower leagues. Eventually our own league suffers as less and less money finds its way down to teams competing in League 1/2, the quality football of played by those teams goes down as the better players move on as quickly as possible, just a downward spiral IMO. The only winners are the very big fish at the top, be they players, teams or TV companies.

Surely it's worth watching just to assess the qualities of the managerial candidates we'll be interviewing in May 2015?

*ducks*

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

The more attention given to Premiershite, Champions League and Europa League
, the less attention goes to our own domestic lower leagues. Eventually our own league suffers as less and less money finds its way down to teams competing in League 1/2, the quality football of played by those teams goes down as the better players move on as quickly as possible, just a downward spiral IMO. The only winners are the very big fish at the top, be they players, teams or TV companies.

I hate it when I hear 'lower league snobs' (no offence intended) poo poo top flight football, I dont get it, its high class football and great to watch all the commercial sh!t is irrelevant, I care about watching as much quality football as possible. I go to every Brighton game, and quite frankly some of the football teams that visit us play dire football that is absolute shite, just because Me, you or whoever watch it doesn't make us a real football fans. Watching teams like United, Liverpool, Real, PSV, Everton etc play quality football is amazing. Football is football, the more I can watch the happier I am :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here