Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icelandic international linked

IcelandicGeezer

Apr 15, 2013
Article translated this morning:

Gudmundsson favours Championship move before Seria A
Johann Berg Gudmundsson‘s next permanent destination is still unknown with the midfielder biding his time in taking a decision on his next move. However as a move to the English Premier League looms it‘s also possible that a move to the Championship could be on the cards with Brighton the rumoured destination.

AZ Alkmaar‘s hiearcy is still fuming after Gudmundsson decided to walk away from the club on a free transfer this summer but the player has been dreaming of a move to England for the past two years.

According to Frettatiminn‘s sources Brighton were locked in negotiations with Gudmundsson‘s agent on monday but it‘s unlikely he‘ll make a decision as West Ham, Everton and Swansea have also sounded out their interest.

As Frettatiminn reported last week an Italian Serie A club have already made Gudmundsson an offer but he is believed to have turned that down with England the only option in the player's mind.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Johann Berg Gudmundsson‘s next permanent destination is still unknown with the midfielder biding his time in taking a decision on his next move. However as a move to the English Premier League looms it‘s also possible that a move to the Championship could be on the cards with Brighton the rumoured destination.

AZ Alkmaar‘s hiearcy is still fuming after Gudmundsson decided to walk away from the club on a free transfer this summer but the player has been dreaming of a move to England for the past two years.

According to Frettatiminn‘s sources Brighton were locked in negotiations with Gudmundsson‘s agent on monday but it‘s unlikely he‘ll make a decision as West Ham, Everton and Swansea have also sounded out their interest.

As Frettatiminn reported last week an Italian Serie A club have already made Gudmundsson an offer but he is believed to have turned that down with England the only option in the player's mind.

What type of midfielder is he, please?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Anyone else get the impression that LuaLua and Buckley are going to be replaced ?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Dutch top flight. West Ham, Everton and Swansea. Italian team as well. Unless he is just interested in playing football every game then i have a feeling we maybe trumped on this one.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No,but they are only part time players.I like them both but get injured easily.

I don't think KLL is that injury prone, is he? Missed about 8-9 weeks when he had that op on his knee last October, but he's been available for every game since if memory serves me correctly. I don't remember him ever hobbling off injured either, although accept the fact that he's usually a 60th minute sub so it's less likely.

Anyway, my betting would be that this bloke is a potential Buckley replacement if the story is accurate.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
With West Ham, Everton and Swansea interested it's not even worth making the effort to be hopeful.

As the club has said "Providing those players are available and within our budget, we will do our best to get them.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Can you provide a link to the the story so I can translate it myself ???

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I know you shouldn't judge a player by his youtube highlights but I'm going to anyway.
He looks amazing. This just isn't going to happen, is it?

LancingGulls

Jun 5, 2014
Sounds like a good replacement for Orlandi, would be a great signing though I doubt he'd pick us over the likes of Swansea and Everton...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The only way I see us getting him is if the prem clubs see him as a squad player rather than first choice, and even then it would still be a coup considering he's 23, in the Eredivisie and an international

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here