Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"To be around players like us may be a life-changing experience for them"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They truly are another breed.

I watched that Beckham thing last night where he travelled into the depths of the Amazon jungle to meet a tribe in a remote village. Top of the show, one of the first things he says ? "I wonder if any of them will have heard of me".

Then Victoria, on learning about the heat and humidity, asks "What about your hair David ?"

- "I'll wear a hat".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I watched that Beckham thing last night where he travelled into the depths of the Amazon jungle to meet a tribe in a remote village. Top of the show, one of the first things he says ? "I wonder if any of them will have heard of me".

Then Victoria, on learning about the heat and humidity, asks "What about your hair David ?"

- "I'll wear a hat".

The wife and I laughed like drains at that bit. Then we turned it off.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

- "I'll wear a hat".

I quite enjoyed that last night. I don't think he was wondering if people would have heard of him out of vanity though; throughout the show it seemed like he was trying to see how far he would have to go to escape the public eye.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Beckham succeeded in the end, he had to explain football to a naked man. He failed, as probably " ball " was a word not found in the naked mans language.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And there was me thinking that now Cole, Terry and Ferdinand have gone I might be able to actually like England.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And there was me thinking that now Cole, Terry and Ferdinand have gone I might be able to actually like England.

In the Germany squad there's probably at least ONE tit, isn't there?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair, it doesn't. It really doesn't.

But what a total tosser Lallana is.

I do wonder if this is actually how he feels, or whether he is just stupid and clumsily tried to say something profound..if you get my drift.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I do wonder if this is actually how he feels, or whether he is just stupid and clumsily tried to say something profound..if you get my drift.

It's classic footballer thickery. Shove a microphone under his chin and ask for an immediate comment on something seemingly trivial. Just a bit of self awareness would have seen him through, but this is what happens to anyone who is surrounded in their daily lives by people forever telling them how wonderful they are. I'm sure Premiership footballers don't have a monopoly on this.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I think you're right.

I have been told that Lallana is one very decent grounded bloke, as you say I think it came out not as he wished.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Strange the mainstream news outlets haven't picked up on this apparent 'gaffe'. ???

Not the same slant as the FA put on it - Lallana, 26, said: 'It's really humbling coming to an area like this but it's also great to be able to make some kids' days.'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I think you're right.

I have been told that Lallana is one very decent grounded bloke, as you say I think it came out not as he wished.

Exactly this. Clumsy attempt to show a bit of empathy, and got his words all wrong.

Lallana IS one of the good guys. Around the Southampton training ground he's unfailingly polite and friendly to EVERYONE - stewards, gate lady, the kids in the U-10s, the young kids reffing the junior games. Everyone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here