Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Oliver on FIFA. Brilliant.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'd quite like to see a world cup sponsored by Cocaine and Chainsaws, it could lead to a whole host of marketing opportunities.

"Up next on Channel 4 live coverage of this years Hookers and Gin Tennis tournament from Queens."

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I love the sausage analogy - sums up exactly how I feel about the World Cup. Every time I feel excited about it, one half of my brain reminds me about the w@nkers that are profiting from it and suddenly I feel joyless again. I have a general love hate relationship with modern football currently.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
[yt]DlJEt2KU33I#t=739[/yt]
Good video, thanks.

A social media campaign to end this is long overdue. All of us should boycott every company that sponsors the WC, and more importantly, we should be spreading the word.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Very good.

With everything that stinks about FIFA, it's the construction workers in Qatar that is really really, downright disgusting.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's from 'Last Week Tonight With John Oliver' which airs on sky atlantic tuesday nights around 11pm. It aired last night and I have caught up on the whole episode now.

I like the apparently really really bad movie about FIFA. The imdb summary of the film reads as:
Once football was all about small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front. Passion, fun, enjoyment. This is the story of the men who took football from that and changed it. A group of wholly honest and ethical men who had a dream and, to achieve that dream, established the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). Driven by their determination to lead football into a brighter, bigger future, the trustworthy and wholly honest Sepp Blatter, Jules Rimet, and Joao Havelange overcame their doubts and fought obstacles and scandals to make FIFA and the World Cup a reality. Spanning the tumultuous 20th Century, this timeless saga will tell the story of how an organization currently mired in accusations of scandal and corruption started their journey to that destination.​

The full trailer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here