Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The furthest you have woken from home after a night on the lash?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I have just got back home (Haywards Heath) after a night out in Brighton, which saw me waking up at St Albans City station at about 7am as my mate thought it would be funny not to disturb my slumber.

About a 4 hour round trip in the end. Both annoying and mildly amusing but made me think it's probably very trivial compared to many on this board. How far from home have you managed to wind up after a big one? Anybody manage to actually leave the country?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Fell asleep on an empty train about 3am after a heavy night in Bognor a few years back trying to get back to Arundel. Woke up at London Victoria with a carriage full of suits, hangover from hell and no money on me. Wasn't much fun...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Perennial danger of a night out in London when I lived in the Medway Towns was shutting your eyes for five seconds on the last train home and waking up in Dover (the town, not the NSC poster of the same name). Done that a few times.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It wasn't me l hasten to add, but a work colleague l went on a bender in London with back in the eighties fell asleep on the train leaving Euston, completely overshot his stop at Watford Junction, and didn't come to until the end of the line, Stranraer. He was on the overnight train connecting with the car ferry to Larne, Northern Ireland.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
On a stag-do in Prague and one of the party went out of the nightclub with a local girl to a nearby park. He wakes up at Zurich airport without his wallet. True.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Had a dinner time session once in Southampton, fell asleep on the train back to Worthing and woke up at Victoria, got on the train home, fell asleep AGAIN, and woke up in Pompey.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One fan was so notorious for doing this after away games that I made a bingo card of his favourite destinations. It included "round the Circle Line three times waking up at Tower Hill each time".

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I know it's not very far but I once managed to wake up on the N25 going back to my halls at Sussex Uni completely perplexed why it was now broad daylight and unable to account for about 4/5 missing hours. When I disembarked the driver was in stitches, saying he'd been watching me headbutting the window and dribbling everywhere while he made the journey from Falmer to Portslade and back FOUR times. But at least it was my actual stop.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

I once fell asleep on a late bus going along the sea front from Brighton with the intention of getting off at Kingston Lane,Southwick.
I woke up with the bus heading towards Kingston Lane from the other direction. The bus had turned around and was not in service.
When I suddenly spoke to the driver ,he nearly crashed.He did not realise that anyone was on board.

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
Personally, I've ended up at Cooden Beach on the train from London to Brighton, except I should have changed trains at Haywards Heath. It was of course too late for a train back and the taxi wasn't cheap!

I do know one guy who ended up in Edinburgh after a night out in London and another friend who used to regularly fall asleep on his train. When he missed his stop the next stop was Ipswich!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brussels. Never again.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Ive woken up in a panic on a train on the way back from Southampton , stumbled off the train thinking I was at hove but realising as the train pulled away I'd be stuck at Ford station for the night

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I didnt go that night, but I had woken up and brought flights to New York. Luckily I had given myself a month to plan something.

I have woken up in Eastbourne after getting on the train at Lewes heading to Brighton, I remember looking out over London Road Bridge and then Bamm, fell asleep, woke up pulling back into Eastbourne on the last train.

If anyone remembers Les Behin he and I went out one night many years ago, got a tuk tuk back to mine both of us hanging our heads out the door shouting at the driver to go faster who then kicked us out. anyway Les Lived in Burgess Hill at the time and I lived in Hove, Les thought he would get the first train home about 4, he got back to burgess hill at 11 after going up and down the victoria line getting on and off at stations at various points. 7 hours to make a roughly a 20min journey. :clap2:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I woke up under a chalet maid's bed at Butlins in Bognor once. My mate was shagging the maid in the bed and that was what woke me, she was a screamer. I was sick there and then, got up and saw that I was covered in blood (I'd fallen over climbing a fence to get in - it was a disco weekender) said goodbye to my mate and the bird, stumbled out and got the train home to Worthing. I say train, it was a replacement bus service from Barnham, the bus was baking and made me feel even iller. I've never been back to Bognor.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
A good friend of mine very recently went out in his home town just outside of Warsaw, Poland. He woke up in Paris.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here