Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup 2014 betting thread - general

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Any decent shouts out there, or strong views?

Just started to have a proper look at it yesterday. Honduras to finish bottom of that group looks good at 4/9.

Done Aguero and Fred ew as top goalscorers (first 4, 1/4 the odds, 16s and 20s respectively).

Think France are pretty nailed to win Group E at 4/5.

And 2/1 the draw for England v Italy looks decent too.

Probably have another look today.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What's Diego Costa at for Golden Boot? He was at an insane 40/1 previously.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I like Aguero for golden boot. If you put 20 notes with Paddy Power on top goalscorer then you get a 5 euro free bet for every time said player scores.

Chile to beat Netherlands to 2nd spot in Group B is my outstanding bet, and Colombia to win their group.

Rooney was something stupid like 4/1 with one of the bookies yesterday not to score in the tournament, got to be a decent bet.

Also Coral are doing 2/1 (max £10 bet) that Brazil wear yellow in their first game on Friday, practically buying money.

Just a reminder, quite often (for some reason) the firms are not betting on 'the golden boot' (only 1 winner, assists count) usually they just bet on top scorer so dead heat applies if more than one player end up on the same. Don't quote me, just check it out before you bet

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Not very patriotic I know but have England to finish bottom of the group at 8/1.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
This 6 fold acca pays over 10/1.

To win group...

Brazil 1/4 Group A
Spain 8/11 Group B
France 8/11 Group E
Argentina 2/9 Group F
Germany 4/7 Group G
Belgium 8/11 Group H

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This 6 fold acca pays over 10/1.

To win group...

Brazil 1/4 Group A
Spain 8/11 Group B
France 8/11 Group E
Argentina 2/9 Group F
Germany 4/7 Group G
Belgium 8/11 Group H

Think that's a decent shout. Around 11.5 to 1 with Boylesports currently. Something bound to go wrong though! If Iran beat Argentina, as Gus used to say we might as well all go home.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Also Coral are doing 2/1 (max £10 bet) that Brazil wear yellow in their first game on Friday, practically buying money.

I've put the allowed tenner on this because, surely Brazil must wear their iconic kit for the first game in their home tournament? Doesn't seem to be any restrictions either on immediate withdrawal.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Bet888 will be where I lose my money.

They've got a promotion, whereby you pick a country, and for every time you stake £5 on one of their matches (on any market), you then get an additional £5 free bet for every time they score in that match. Looking at Argentina's group, I think you could be on for £10/£15 worth of free bets every time they play in the group stages.

http://www.888sport.com/online-sports-betting-promotions/Goalsmeanmore.htm#tcs

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I've put the allowed tenner on this because, surely Brazil must wear their iconic kit for the first game in their home tournament? Doesn't seem to be any restrictions either on immediate withdrawal.

Looks like it is just for new customers only. So all they are doing is saying open an account and bet £10 and we will give you £20.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
the two teams to qualify from each grp....

Brazil & Mexico @ 6/4
Spain & Chile @ 13/8
Argentina & Bosnia-Herzegovina @ 10/11
Germany & Portugal @ 4/5

1 x 4 Fold = 23/1

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Had both Spain and Portugal outright, Spain should not be 4th favourites.

Dzeko and Ibišević both at cracking prices for top scorer.

Australia to lose all group games at 5/4.

Greece to be lowest scoring team in Group C at 11/8 looks one of the bets of the tournament

.Argentina-Bosnia straight forecast in Group F also looks large at 6/4.

A bit of an outside punt but Ciro Immobile to be top group goalscorer in Group D looks value at 15/1.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Over the last 6 months I have been putting the odd fiver here and there on Argentina, Germany and Belgium on Betfair. I do not know how much I have done on each but I have shelled out £280 so far. If the Argies win, I basically get my money back, odds have been around 6/1. If Germany win I will get £447 back with odds around 9/1. And if Belgium win I will get around £1400 back with odds between 16/1 and 24/1(currently 24/1 which is a really good bet, I reckon!). I am currently thinking about cash-out at some point rather than going for the win but ideal scenario would probably be all 3 in the semi's. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here