Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not many flags out this time around ?

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
is that because we did so badly last time or is it showing a real lack of interest ? is yours going up before saturday ? sorry if already been posted on here !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I remarked on this the other day. I think because we've had teams in the very recent past that contained better players but still didn't deliver that this time it seems the penny has finally dropped amongst England fans and we're really there to make the numbers up whilst obviously trying to do the best we can. It's the first time I can remember in my lifetime that hope and expectation are realistic, no hype. Just looking forward to and aiming to play some good football but expectation is we might not even qualify from group stage. And if we didn't, no disgrace given players at out disposal - there are arguably two better teams than us. Only binfest I can really sanction is if we finished bottom. But can't see that happening either. I can see us coming third though hoping for better things.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's Blatter's fault. Too racist.

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
not taking the mick last time up my street nearly every other house , this time just 1 ?

Also to do with the fact that around these parts, flags (along with singing, applauding, wearing the shirt, showing passion, supporting your team, leaving early, wearing a hat, staying till the end, booing, drinking lager or walking by putting one foot in front of the other) are deemed 'cringy'

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Nationalism got near-stamped out due to controlled extremists groups like the EDL / BNP / MFE (UKip??)........anyone with a st georges cross automatically gets associated with these groups due to the conditioning bombed into the subconscious from the MSM.

Saying there are less flags due to the players not being as good is a very silly and weak defence.

cue: blah blah conspiracy blah

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I have bunting out, but with all the flags of the countries participating, looks ace.

I blame the EDL, the George Cross has been politicised

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Nationalism got near-stamped out due to controlled extremists groups like the EDL / BNP / MFE (UKip??)........anyone with a st georges cross automatically gets associated with these groups due to the conditioning bombed into the subconscious from the MSM.

Saying there are less flags due to the players not being as good is a very silly and weak defence.

Do you consider every thing to be a conspiracy? Just a question I'm not having a pop

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I actually agree.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Hadn't seen any car flags so far....until I went out for lunch 30 mins ago and saw a Fiat Panda rocking the "double" St George Cross look....
We have a Brazilian, Italian & English flag hanging from our balcony - but haven't seen any others in our area at all this year.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I have bunting out, but with all the flags of the countries participating, looks ace.

I blame the EDL, the George Cross has been politicised

My housemate had one outside his window in our student house.

Sadly, a number of people all commented on how it looks like the home of an EDL supporter. Sad really that it's got to that point.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gentrification of the working classes is the root cause. Your average white van man now reads The Guardian instead of the super soaraway Sun, builders no longer objectify women and motorway maintenance men prefer the Aviva Premisership over football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here