Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hello

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
good evening. hello tiz my first post. wot goes on here?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Can I be the first to welcome, slyly deride, undermine and out you as a troll of the worst kind. How's the weather in the west country this evening?

Only joking, it's good for morale.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
watz the amex like? only seen it on the telly box

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Are all the MODS on holiday/alcohol or drugs----poll to follow:p

I don't think the Moderators on here have collectively, more than 'observational' brain cell between them.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Ah, I'm glad you're here. The opinions of new posters are most valued. So may I ask..

The poet John Keats once wrote (in his poem "Ode on a Grecian Urn")...

Beauty is truth, truth beauty,---that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

By contrast, Plato (in The Republic) warns of poetry's power to make a falsehood seem true, by beautifying it.

What, then, is the relationship between beauty, as achieved by the artist, and truth?

In your opinion, like.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Ah, I'm glad you're here. The opinions of new posters are most valued. So may I ask..

The poet John Keats once wrote (in his poem "Ode on a Grecian Urn")...

Beauty is truth, truth beauty,---that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

By contrast, Plato (in The Republic) warns of poetry's power to make a falsehood seem true, by beautifying it.

What, then, is the relationship between beauty, as achieved by the artist, and truth?

In your opinion, like.

I've always wondered how much a Grecian earned:shrug:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Cracking idea, join a forum where you don't know "wot goes on"
I joined one last week, i thought it was a forum about Twisters, similar to the Tornado one i joined the week before. It turned out the Tornado forum was for fans of the RAF plane. The Twister one was slightly better and i enjoyed a game of Naked Twister via webcam.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I don't think the Moderators on here have collectively, more than 'observational' brain cell between them.

Whats with your one man crusade against the moderators on here? I sent you a sensible and reasonable PM yesterday, which it appears you don't wish to reply to? If you care to let me know what is bothering you with regards to me / the other moderators on here I will see if I can sort something out, but if all you want to do is make snidey comments about us on differing threads all over the place without good reason, then so be it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's been mentioned before, but is there no chance of restricting the posting privileges of new members so that they are unable to start threads until they have spent some time on here and have been proven not to be Palace trolls?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here