Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sea View Restaurant

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Is there a really good restaurant in B&H with sea views? Got colleagues visiting from Paris and they've always taken me to nice places (obviously) and 1 of them loves the sea, so a sea view would be a treat and it needs to be a good place. Any ideas? Ta.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Is there a really good restaurant in B&H with sea views? Got colleagues visiting from Paris and they've always taken me to nice places (obviously) and 1 of them loves the sea, so a sea view would be a treat and it needs to be a good place. Any ideas? Ta.

How well do you know these Parisiens Mikey ?They can be awful food snobs. In your boots I would head inland and take them for a meal somewhere like Alfriston. Wingrove Place is impressive without being too showy. Alternatively Jeremy's at Borde Hill.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Have taken clients on a number of occasions to the Promenade Restaurant in the Thistle Hotel. You won't get a much better seaview in my experience.

Not necessarily my venue of choice for when I go out socially but the food is good quality, (not cheap).

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
http://www.viewhove.com/

I havnt been, but my brother-in-law enjoyed it..... he is quite choosy.

Sorry but 'The View' is poor and the outside area can sometimes be taken over by low-life when sunny!

Alfresco is hit and miss!

I would suggest Riddle and Finns on the lower prom - book well in advance to get the upstairs tables and windows with the views over the beach and to the sea!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

I know it's not Brighton & Hove but this is the sea view from upstairs at The Hope pub Newhaven, nice view of the sea and Seaford until the ferry comes past.:ohmy:

image.jpg

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
How well do you know these Parisiens Mikey ?They can be awful food snobs. In your boots I would head inland and take them for a meal somewhere like Alfriston. Wingrove Place is impressive without being too showy. Alternatively Jeremy's at Borde Hill.

Very well, and you're completely correct, whenever we're out over there, even the mid range stuff (as I'm sure you know) is very very good. Last time out we went to Marly at louvre, overlooking the pyramid, so I'm up against it! I may need to compromised on the food.....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What I like about this post is that the ferries are at 9am and 11pm and that ain't 11pm. Will happily join you for a pint though when I move to town next month :)

No it's not 11pm because it was coming in to Newhaven and not leaving, I'm not usually out that late:)

Good luck with the move, and I can recommend that pub for food and decent beer (Harveys and guest ales) and I will be happy to show you way to that pub:drink:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No it's not 11pm because it was coming in to Newhaven and not leaving, I'm not usually out that late:)

Good luck with the move, and I can recommend that pub for food and decent beer (Harveys and guest ales) and I will be happy to show you way to that pub:drink:
Sounds fantastic, fairly close to the house we're buying too. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here