Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sepp Blatter 'It's all the British fault'.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
'Qatar claims are racist' Wow... Just wow.

This man is truly a MASSIVE bellend at best, wonder how much he got paid?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Maybe UEFA should form a breakaway governing body from FIFA, would work just fine.

Eh? One of the prime drivers for Qatar was Michel Platini, UEFA boss. How would that help?

Most of the indignation about Qatar is mere froth; something to occupy people on social media. There's no real anger about it, otherwise we would be seeing boycotts of Coca Cola, Sony, BP etc but there's nothing like that. We'd see people refusing to go to World Cups, but there's none of that either.

We all know that, even though they're dodgy as hell, the next WC will be in Russia and the one after that will be Qatar and that there will be thousands of England fans there, all happily drinking Budweiser.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To me the only way to overturn the 2022 vote,thats if you want it overturned (?) is via social media and boycotting the main sponsor's products for example if people in European countries stopped buying Coca-cola etc
I agree. If enough people from the likes of the US and UK wanted it to be clean, they should go out of their way to avoid products from WC sponsors. If people did it, the sponsors would demand action/stop sponsorship, and then we could get change.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But to be fair, whilst I would love an alternative to FIFA and UEFA, is all of this just a British thing or are other countries as disenfranchised as us?

I actually think we could be on our own, and the nightmare that is Sepp Blatter, is perceived as just a lovable Uncle in Europe.......

Any of our foreign supporters any idea?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
UEFA more bent than FIFA, Platini hates the British which is why he came up with FFP and too thick to realise that PSG would fail it

Fine. Trickle down. UEFA breaks away from FIFA. give it a couple of years, then Premier League breaks away from UEFA or a cricket-equivalent Kerry Packer/IPL type set-up emerges. It's all up for grabs. Seems patently obvious to me that its only a matter of time, probably within five years, that the Champions League will be exactly that, and the Premier League will be bumped down a rung on the footballing ladder.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
But to be fair, whilst I would love an alternative to FIFA and UEFA, is all of this just a British thing or are other countries as disenfranchised as us?

I actually think we could be on our own, and the nightmare that is Sepp Blatter, is perceived as just a lovable Uncle in Europe.......

Any of our foreign supporters any idea?

Very much hated here, albeit mostly due to Henrygate.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fine. Trickle down. UEFA breaks away from FIFA. give it a couple of years, then Premier League breaks away from UEFA or a cricket-equivalent Kerry Packer/IPL type set-up emerges. It's all up for grabs. Seems patently obvious to me that its only a matter of time, probably within five years, that the Champions League will be exactly that, and the Premier League will be bumped down a rung on the footballing ladder.

Yes you can see it happening. Wasn't Karl Heinz Rummenigge trying to set something up a few year ago with the bigger clubs, and they increased the number of Champions League places?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Here is the statement from CAF via BBC website:

" At its general assembly in Sao Paulo, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) condemned what it termed "the repeated, deliberately hateful, defamatory and degrading attacks by some media, notably British, on the image and the integrity of the Confederation of African Football, its president, its members, its member associations and the entire African continent."

I'd like to think our media is not racist. Could be time to leave FIFA if it is found that many CAF officials were bribed.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Oh the irony if Blatter's own intransigence over repeated corruption claims ultimately leads to the downfall of FIFA and the creation of a new body to oversee modern football. I hope he gets to see that as his rotten legacy and suffer regrets for many, many years. Platini isn't very far behind him either.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Here is the statement from CAF via BBC website:

" At its general assembly in Sao Paulo, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) condemned what it termed "the repeated, deliberately hateful, defamatory and degrading attacks by some media, notably British, on the image and the integrity of the Confederation of African Football, its president, its members, its member associations and the entire African continent."

I'd like to think our media is not racist. Could be time to leave FIFA if it is found that many CAF officials were bribed.

Its simply Blatter (and some of his sidekicks) diverting as much attention away from him, he hopes that the usual scapegoat for all the world's ills, Britain, will help dilute any focus on his dodgy dealings.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Find it quite ironic that Fifa and Uefa, can accuse anyone of racism after their repeated failure to adequately punish member countries, for numerous examples of blatant racism from fans, players and, in a few cases clubs and federations

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
The final straw he appears to be clutching at is the one taboo subject he thinks the world will back away from and he will avoid the investigation he knows will finish him and his big pocketed chums. Hopefully common sense and the truth will prevail... Sadly I somehow doubt it will.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Eh? One of the prime drivers for Qatar was Michel Platini, UEFA boss. How would that help?

Most of the indignation about Qatar is mere froth; something to occupy people on social media. There's no real anger about it, otherwise we would be seeing boycotts of Coca Cola, Sony, BP etc but there's nothing like that. We'd see people refusing to go to World Cups, but there's none of that either.

We all know that, even though they're dodgy as hell, the next WC will be in Russia and the one after that will be Qatar and that there will be thousands of England fans there, all happily drinking Budweiser.

There won't be a world cup in Qatar. And if by some miracle there is, then it certainly won't be in the form they bid for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here