Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expense no object... where's the best lunch in town

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I'm meeting a really good ol' mate and I want to proudly show Brighton off as a gourmet centre. He's a London townie and thinks that all up there is godlike and us Sussex boys cannot compete...can we...if so where please!

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Surely the importance of being Ernest is to read the thread and give a relevant, helpful answer. I thank you for the effort but...........

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
24 St Georges, though only open for lunch on a saturday. Definitely best 'classic' restaurant.

Coalshed is a good shout.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Depends where you stand on seafood, but a sunny day in Brighton, I think Riddle and Finns on the seafront, should come into the reckoning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm meeting a really good ol' mate and I want to proudly show Brighton off as a gourmet centre. He's a London townie and thinks that all up there is godlike and us Sussex boys cannot compete...can we...if so where please!

I think you might be disappointed. As good as Brighton is it cannot compete with London in the food dept.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Massive rip off well over priced and even more over rated.

That's something that I find strange and difficult about dining out.

You need more than one effort to make a valuable judgement, but you would be a fool to return if you felt how you felt and part with cash if you were truly ripped off.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Another one for

64degrees Restaurant, South Lanes

Brighton is lacking in real quality restaurants. Have to go out of town for money no object type of dining.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
churchillsquare burgers.jpg

Spimunk

Jun 17, 2011
West Sussex
64 Degrees - in my opinion not too expensive. Good a show off restaurant if you sit at the bar so you can see the kitchen at work. Most dishes were good when I went.

Coal Shed - A bit overpriced really for what it is but the quality of the beef you cannot fault. I've only ever had steak in there but the fish courses do look nice when they come out.

24 St George's - Went for dinner and was blown away. Really, really good. My current favourite.

The Ginger Pig - It's my 'local' ginger restaurant so only been to this one of the group but excellent food and had the best dessert I have eaten in town ever there at the time.

Franco's Pizza & Pasta - The most authentic Italian meal I've had outside Italy. Really is great.

Both Drakes & Graze have consistently excellent reviews but I have personally not tried them.

One final option is Mediterraneo. It's a deli with just a few tables and don't always offer a sit down and eat option but when they do, it is tremulous. Very authentic indeed. If you're looking for something to show off with, if you can get in the exclusivity will be right up a London townies street.

Hope that helps. Trip advisor is a good place to look as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here