Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few snippets I heard today

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Not at the mix, just passing on what I was told today. It is second hand but came from a source identified with the club.

1. Apparently Poyet was badly treated by the club over his eventual sacking.
2. When the club thought Poyet was leaving for Reading, they approached Barry Lloyd to take temporary charge, he declined due to ill health.
3. Upson was offered a deal by the club to stay but it was 'derisory'.
4. PIG wanted to stay, but was not offered any type of deal.

I wont reveal my source, so don't ask. I'm not sure I believe it all, just putting it out there.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All sounds a bit sour. Was your source sacked too?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Sounds like a load of crap to me. Who told you this? Let me guess a guy down the pub or a taxi driver.

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Don't shoot the messenger, thought this was a board for things related to the Albion?

Never said it was all true, so do me a favour and check my history, don't spout bollocks on here, unlike many others!

I thank you ???

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Not at the mix, just passing on what I was told today. It is second hand but came from a source identified with the club.

2. When the club thought Poyet was leaving for Reading, they approached Barry Lloyd to take temporary charge, he declined due to ill health.

I wont reveal my source, so don't ask. I'm not sure I believe it all, just putting it out there.

I can back you on PIG I heard exactly the same, the rest I cant comment on

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
opinion, bollocks, more opinion, known (but missing context).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Don't shoot the messenger, thought this was a board for things related to the Albion?

Never said it was all true, so do me a favour and check my history, don't spout bollocks on here, unlike many others!

I thank you ???
What did you expect after writing that? Could be true, partially true or not at all true, but it does reek of shit stirring.

Sorry.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

1. An opinion, albeit one that isn't overly rare. That it comes from someone in the club doesn't give it any more weight, unless your source is Bloom/Barber.
2. Would be very surprised if that was true
3. Again, opinion, and possibly one that is made without regard to FFP and the supposed decrease in wages that has already achieved/aims to achieve in the future.
4. The same Kuszczak who made no secret of premier league ambitions, who would likely have been on high wages. Given FFP, I imagine with high earners the club has two options: not bother offering a deal because you know what you can afford is insultingly low, or offer what you can afford and hope it is not too offensive, they felt they could offer Upson a fair amount and your source says it was derisory, that they didn't even bother with Kuszczak could tell you how much difference there is between what they want to pay and he was previously on.

Honestly, it sounds to me that while the source may be "with the club" this sounds more like office gossip than anything more reliable.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Is this multiple choice? If so I'll go for the PIG one. The Lloyd one is definitely untrue. Can I take 50:50 please, Chris?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
20+ pages

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nonsense.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
1. An opinion, albeit one that isn't overly rare. That it comes from someone in the club doesn't give it any more weight, unless your source is Bloom/Barber.
2. Would be very surprised if that was true
3. Again, opinion, and possibly one that is made without regard to FFP and the supposed decrease in wages that has already achieved/aims to achieve in the future.
4. The same Kuszczak who made no secret of premier league ambitions, who would likely have been on high wages. Given FFP, I imagine with high earners the club has two options: not bother offering a deal because you know what you can afford is insultingly low, or offer what you can afford and hope it is not too offensive, they felt they could offer Upson a fair amount and your source says it was derisory, that they didn't even bother with Kuszczak could tell you how much difference there is between what they want to pay and he was previously on.

Honestly, it sounds to me that while the source may be "with the club" this sounds more like office gossip than anything more reliable.

to add to PIG and wages bit, his distribution and kicking was detriment to the implementation of our style and there is better out there on less money (just another "rumour")

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here