Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finnish Musicians

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I used to love an all-girl band called Drivan. No idea if they're still going.

Bom Funk MCs were another. Albert Swarm is a bit of a gem as are Big Wave Riders. Never really got into Hanoi Rocks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hanoi Rocks!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Kristina Bruuk. An imaginary concoction by Bill Drummond and Mark Manning that still makes me laugh.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The ice bar, owned by Lordi and presumably funded by their Eurovision pomp, is dead special in Rovaniemi. A crass Neverland of a pub fuelled by whatever that berry vodka they drink is called, with people serving reindeer meat. Like an underground Labyrinth for Lemmy types.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seconded. Can I also add Husky Rescue?

I was listening to Summertime Cowboy by Husky Rescue this morning. Had no idea they were Finnish. Also had a fairly long chat with one of our team who is a young Finn about the Hyypia appointment (he is football nuts as well as being generally nuts). His face lit up. "BRIGHTON! VERY GOOD CLUBS" he yelled at me before explaining that it was the place where 'his' music started. "The Concorde! Skint Records! Fatboy Slim! Perhaps you have heard of it?" Rarely have I felt so old.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Has anybody mentioned Sibelius. The Karelia Suite is and always has been one of my favourite pieces of music.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Jukka Tolonen (former guitarist of Tasavallan Presidentti, which had a cult following in the early 70s) is still going strong and worth a listen.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Has anybody mentioned Sibelius. The Karelia Suite is and always has been one of my favourite pieces of music.

I like it too, gives the impression of an orchestra coming over the hill , then disappearing over the next one. Great sounds.

My favourite though is Finlandia. It would tug on the heartstrings of even the most bed hardened whore. Immense piece of music.

TNBA

TTF

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here