Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canadian Grand Prix

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
First 5 cars within 1 and half a second of each other with 6 laps left.
Best race I have seen for many a year.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
First 5 cars within 1 and half a second of each other with 6 laps left.
Best race I have seen for many a year.

Yes, an excellent race! Sky have just reported that Massa was subjected to 27G when his car crashed. Jesus, that's high.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Yes, an excellent race! Sky have just reported that Massa was subjected to 27G when his car crashed. Jesus, that's high.

It was an excellent race. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Watching that crash again I though Perez' car actually stopped quicker. But 27g's? Holy moly that's a quick stop!

On a sidenote, I just googled your signature. Interesting stuff. :thumbsup:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good to see a non Mercedes win, happy for Danny Ric who seems like a good guy.
Big crash at the end was very lucky not to wipe Vettel out too, looked like Perez drifted left after Massa had made the move to overtake.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It was an excellent race. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Watching that crash again I though Perez' car actually stopped quicker. But 27g's? Holy moly that's a quick stop!

On a sidenote, I just googled your signature. Interesting stuff. :thumbsup:

Yes, I thought Perez's car stopped quicker too. It may have done since Sky didn't give a g number for him. 27g is an inconceivable amount of force to take.

Wow! You googled it? :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a Lewis fan, I'm starting to get well and truly annoyed by this season. I really don't believe Rosberg has yet beaten Lewis on track fair and square in ANY of the seven races, yet he leads the championship by 22 points. The four fair races they've had have been won by Lewis. Of the other three, Rosberg's dubious incident in Monaco prevented Lewis taking pole, Lewis' engine failure in Australia gave that one away, and today Rosberg benefited firstly from cheating at the chicane and secondly by another reliability issue to hurt his team-mate. I think Lewis is performing as well as ever, but it isn't showing in the results. I also fear that the two Mercedes drivers squabbling over points is ensuring Red Bull do not lose touch, and I believe they will be at least as fast as Mercedes by the final six or seven races, meaning they are not out of this championship when they really should be.

It seems German drivers in German teams get an inordinate amount of luck when on a world championship roll. Vettell pulled it off with a weak partner and team orders whilst driving the best car for four years. This season seems to be bearing out the opinion that plenty of people had that he is not some superstar driver just a very good driver who had the best car and a lot of luck. Rosberg is getting ALL the luck at the moment. I hope Lewis is mentally strong enough to cope and not have a melt down and go all moody. His demeanour after Monaco was very childish, he needs to grow up and take it on the chin and come back stronger. If he doesn't Rosberg is going to grind him down. I have no doubt Lewis is the quicker driver but I'm not sure he has the mental strength of Rosberg though.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
really don't like the new points system

with the old it would be Rosberg 50 Hamilton 46

are far better reflection on how the season has gone

scoring 18 points for 2nd is way too much

D

Deleted member 18477

really don't like the new points system

with the old it would be Rosberg 50 Hamilton 46

are far better reflection on how the season has gone

scoring 18 points for 2nd is way too much

Agreed. I preferred the old points system. And to take the piss even more I think the last race is double points!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yet another cracking Canadian GP and good to see a new winner on the podium.

Yes I pondered why Mercedes were able to find a balance for Rosberg's ailing car, yet Hamilton's was terminal. Rosberg was also a tad lucky with the Stewards. However the biggest favour for him was probably the Marussia incident and lengthy safety car period which helped Mercedes restore their fuel deficit and secondly their brake problems would have occurred much earlier in the race, making Rosberg's defence of his lead less likely.

OK there are a few 'ifs and buts' in that scenario, but Williams might well have enjoyed a fairly comfortable GP win - instead of rueing Massa's unlikely late mishap. He clearly had the fastest car on the freshest tyres.

I agree that ultimately Hamilton has the raw speed, even if his demeanour sometimes does him little credit. However today Rosberg had the right mix of both skill in nursing his car and the luck around him that World Champions tend to enjoy, so he is now in a very strong position. Even so Rosberg might think of buying a very chastened Max Chilton a drink or two for causing that safety car period............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here