Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who ever invented cider with lemon??

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I love my ciders, but I wouldn't call Strongbow a cider even though I drink it. The only reason I do is that MOST pub serve it so it's easy to stay on the same drink on a pub crawl. Westons, Thatchers, Aspall and Symonds are better.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I love my ciders, but I wouldn't call Strongbow a cider even though I drink it. The only reason I do is that MOST pub serve it so it's easy to stay on the same drink on a pub crawl. Westons, Thatchers, Aspall and Symonds are better.

Mmmmmmmm Henry Weston's. Top drinkage that

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
probably the same marketing/product "innovation" guru who thought it a good idea to stick lemon or lime in a half dozen lagers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Aspall's is the king.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Real cider with bits in that strips the enamel of your teeth is where it's at...anything else is merely artificial imitation..

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
[MENTION=17584]Hyperion[/MENTION]
I love my Henry Westons original! To me it is king of all ciders. Not too sweet but at 8.2% is enough to get me well oiled on 5-6 bottles:drink::drink: I've never been a drink at home person but I will quite happily have a few whilst sitting outside and getting quietly pissed!
[MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION]
I like Aspalls, especially in this weather with a couple of ice cubes in to keep it cold but I find it's a bit too sweet and can give me heartburn, the same as Symonds, still nice but TOO sweet after 3-4 pints.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
[MENTION=17584]Hyperion[/MENTION]
I love my Henry Westons original! To me it is king of all ciders. Not too sweet but at 8.2% is enough to get me well oiled on 5-6 bottles:drink::drink: I've never been a drink at home person but I will quite happily have a few whilst sitting outside and getting quietly pissed!

[MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION]
I like Aspalls, especially in this weather with a couple of ice cubes in to keep it cold but I find it's a bit too sweet and can give me heartburn, the same as Symonds, still nice but TOO sweet after 3-4 pints.

Yep it's a perfect cider taste wise. Bloody strong as you say. 4 or 5 of those and that's me sloshed for the night. Not worth drinking when going out though :)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Yep it's a perfect cider taste wise. Bloody strong as you say. 4 or 5 of those and that's me sloshed for the night. Not worth drinking when going out though :)

I wouldn't dare drink it whilst out for the night. It would be a case of go out at 7 and be back home with my head in a bucket by 9.30 trying to sick my stomach out through my nose:nono::sick::sick: for me it's strictly for a few on a sunny afternoon or warm evening or round friends house. If I'm out for a session I'll stick to the Strongbow/thatchers. Not as good but adequate for a night out.

I quite the Old Rosie they do as well but being a scrumpy it is very drinkable as well but even that's 7+% so it's one to treat with care as well

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
In the summer I often drink a cider-shandy with ice. Most bar staff know what I'm asking for, but admit it's often the first time they have ever had to make one.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Noticed a soap dodger piling 12 new bottles of repackaged & sized 'Merry Down' into his basket & luckily got the last 4 for 3? Quid...marvellous

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I like cider (proper cider) with ice and gin.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Actual cider with actual lemon would be effing criminal. Luckily Strongbow Citrus offers neither.

My hope is that the E numbers send its drinkers madder than people who drink Scrumpy.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Actual cider with actual lemon would be effing criminal. Luckily Strongbow Citrus offers neither.

My hope is that the E numbers send its drinkers madder than people who drink Scrumpy.

Nothing like a good pint of the proper stuff though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sounds awful.
For me on a hot day you cannot beat Thatchers Gold it hits the right note and not too strong.
My favourite is Katy, you may be able to tell that I like Thatchers, I have tried the others and they are all very good, but I prefer Thatchers.
Cornish knocker is very popular down here, never drank it though, I think it is more of a scrumpy.
I would never drink Cider with anything added to it like lemon etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here