Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Soccer AID England v Rest of the World unofficial Match Day Thread

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The biannual tournament were a group of English celebrities and former professionals take on the rest of the world. England have a standup record but with Mourinho at the help the rest of the world will be hoping to add to the single game they've won so far.

England Team from:

http://i.imgur.com/0d4goI5.jpg

Rest of the World from:

http://i.imgur.com/YFanSSt.jpg

Last year raised £12m for Unicef UK- Text CHILD to donate £5 to Unicef 70333 - Costs £5 + your standard message costs

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'd happily donate double the money if ITV guaranteed they wouldn't show it every year.

I suppose it's a Good Cause etc, but it's cringeworthy TV.

Jul 7, 2003
Has Edgar Davids forgotten his usual sports glasses? He appears to be wearing a pair of Ray Bans with tortoise shell frames.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have just turned it over in favour of the Grand Prix.

Lower praise cannot be given.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bloody love Edgar Davids (palace part of him excluded). The man is effortlessly cool.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Its just a bit of fun!

I accept that, and I feel like I'm probably getting stuck on Santa's naughty list for slating it, but watching a bunch of fat Z listers huffing their way around a pitch with a few hilarious "comedy" interludes is my idea of TV hell, I'm afraid :)

It's so bad, I'm actually contemplating watching Last of the Summer Wine or Police Academy 3 instead :ohmy:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
To be honest if the footballs and celebs all donated half a mill each, world poverty would be cured!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
To be honest if the footballs and celebs all donated half a mill each, world poverty would be cured!

Nice idea, however I fear Jonathan Wilkes' current salary may not permit such generosity (well, not unless Burger King have suddenly given all their employees a pay rise).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's so bad, I'm actually contemplating watching Police Academy 3 instead :ohmy:
Is that the one where the coloured fella makes all the funny noises?

I loves that one.

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
I would much prefer it if a comedian replaced one of the commentators, preferably Graham Taylor, just to tie in with the feel of the game. It seems a bit too awkward.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here