Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Somerset v Sussex LV county championship 8-6-14

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Morning everyone ! So lambs to the slaughter Sussex face Somerset today and things have started rather badly sussex 64-4 !!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Time for RHB to have a rest from the first team. We're basically going in with 10 men every match at the moment.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Joyce must have a bad back, from all that team carrying he's been doing recently.

Just seen our bowling attack :nono:

Piolet, Beer, Anyon and Magoffin :mad:

Wright and Nash as well.....

Not that it is going to make much difference of course. :down:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Time for RHB to have a rest from the first team. We're basically going in with 10 men every match at the moment.

Yep but have we got anybody else to slot in ? Buckley isnt fit so options are pretty limited .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yep but have we got anybody else to slot in ? Buckley isnt fit so options are pretty limited .
Some likely lad from the seconds? Can't be doing Rory many favours, although I can understand why Robbo is persevering with him.

Harry Finch is in decent form by the look of things.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Buckley ? FFS meant Yardy , though come to think of it he maybe worth a go in the shorter version of the game

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stumps ,Incredible scenes in somerset , Sussex secure a batting point and Yootha 99 not out 208-9

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Thank goodness we have Joyce! He seems to have scored more runs than the rest of them put together. Think relegation beckons this year,

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Low Key thread title is apt given the low key performances today. Sad as it seems I have little hope for the rest of the season and its only early June. Early success in the Championship and Blast,T20 have given way to a pattern of heroic failure.

In fact we should apply to the EU for the term " Heroic Failure " to be given to Sussex only. Just as Cornish Pasties must be made in Cornwall and Parma Ham can only come from Parma, I feel Sussex have almost cornered the market in Heroic Failure and should apply to have it registered as a Protected Geographical Indication.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We are effectivly Northants in disguise with the addition of a top test batsman in Joyce who luckily doesn't get dragged away from us too much on international duty.

Tough for the bowlers today, lets hope we get the rub of the green and hold our catches.

This thread needs a cricket ball, who started it, go to edit and select cricket from the drop down menu, makes it easier to spot.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Some likely lad from the seconds? Can't be doing Rory many favours, although I can understand why Robbo is persevering with him.

Harry Finch is in decent form by the look of things.

Machan averages 28 this season which isn't great but he did well last year, and is developing

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The radio said that RHB was the only one to stand up in the changing room and take the number three position on, we know he is a talent, we know his head has been messed with, I imagine Robbo can see his determination to get through it, he won't be the first or last person Robbo has managed to get back into form after losing it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here