Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football & Politics; business as usual in Argentina.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Idiots

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
They have taken one of the most famous international football strips. A group of highly skillfull players, and completely cheapened them. Pathetic!!!

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Odd when you look at the facts why they feel they have a stronger claim to the islands.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so FIFA will be censuring them for this blatant political statement... or just ignore it as is their form?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That must mean people who disagree with what they did disagree with this?

1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That must mean people who disagree with what they did disagree with this?

View attachment 54821

No it doesnt you absolute bellend.

FIFA have rules about making political statements with flags and banners.

There is a time and a place for such nonsense..the football pitch is not one of them.

If England had turned out last night against Honduras with a massive banner saying "hands off the Falklands are ours" you,me and everyone else would be saying what a bloody ridiculous thing it was,£10 says you would be more vocal though.

How on earth can you even attempt to defend this?

Grow up! This is 2014 not 1968

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No it doesnt you absolute bellend.

FIFA have rules about making political statements with flags and banners.

There is a time and a place for such nonsense..the football pitch is not one of them.

FIFA are utterly corrupt. How many of their rules and decisions are actually political statements in themselves?

Plenty is the answer.

If England had turned out last night against Honduras with a massive banner saying "hands off the Falklands are ours" you,me and everyone else would be saying what a bloody ridiculous thing it was,£10 says you would be more vocal though.

How on earth can you even attempt to defend this?

Grow up! This is 2014 not 1968

How can anyone care is the more pertinent question. It's only the people who need to feel outraged about something that care in the end.

How many people wouldn't have even seen it had you not mentioned it? Thus you've rendered their protest even more attention.

I'm sure if England had done it most people would have not cared one single shit either.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
qusuhuja.jpg

Silly, but apparently they have done it at a lot of matches in the past and I don't remember it being highlighted then?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Silly, but apparently they have done it at a lot of matches in the past and I don't remember it being highlighted then?

Who ever was the designated pusher of the "outraged person" button must have been asleep on the job and forgot to alert the other members of the "Outraged Society - A society for the betterment of outraged people" of what was going on.

They are gonna be in BIG trouble.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
FIFA are utterly corrupt. How many of their rules and decisions are actually political statements in themselves?

Plenty is the answer.

How can anyone care is the more pertinent question. It's only the people who need to feel outraged about something that care in the end.

How many people wouldn't have even seen it had you not mentioned it? Thus you've rendered their protest even more attention.

I'm sure if England had done it most people would have not cared one single shit either.

As someone who had friends and relatives in the Falklands and in the forces defending them, I care enough to be upset rather than outraged. Argentina is in deep trouble financially and their president is using this rubbish to try & keep their people happy.
Australia chooses to be part of the Commonwealth and to keep the Queen as head of state (at the moment) They have their choice, so the Kelpies want their choice to be upheld and not transferred to the nearest country who 'thinks' they inherited them from Spain.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As someone who had friends and relatives in the Falklands and in the forces defending them, I care enough to be upset rather than outraged. Argentina is in deep trouble financially and their president is using this rubbish to try & keep their people happy.
Australia chooses to be part of the Commonwealth and to keep the Queen as head of state (at the moment) They have their choice, so the Kelpies want their choice to be upheld and not transferred to the nearest country who 'thinks' they inherited them from Spain.

I guess perhaps that's why they are doing what they are doing. They had friends and relatives in the conflict as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here