Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England versus Honduras unofficial Match Thread

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
England team to play Honduras: Hart; Johnson, Baines, Cahill, Jagielka; Gerrard (c), Henderson, Rooney, Lallana, Sturridge, Welbeck.

Other then Welbeck happy with the lineup. This looks like our starting lineup versus Italy other that Sterling will start in front of Welbeck.

Not too shabby IMO.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This looks like our starting lineup versus Italy other that Sterling will start in front of Welbeck.

I'd be surprised if he does - Roy seems to really rate Welbeck. I think this will be the XI that plays next week

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd be surprised if he does - Roy seems to really rate Welbeck. I think this will be the XI that plays next week

Sterling was due to start tonight before the red but your probably right Hodgson loves Welbeck for reasons I can't fathom. Think we lack a bit of the wings with no Chamberlain/Sterling and that's were we can hurt Italy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...Hodgson loves Welbeck for reasons I can't fathom.

maybe because he's a very good player? he's a forward in the Heskey mould, one that might not score all the golas but will create many for others and bother defenders. as such i expect to see for the next 10 years similar opinions of people not understanding.

Sterling is excellent but will burn out quickly in Brazil, so i expect to see him coming on for 20-30 minutes to terrorise.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Big game for Henderson, he's got the shirt because others have been crap more than he's been good. He needs to make a big contribution tonight.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Is it just me who thinks the camera man has forgotten where the zoom button is?

Like watching a game of Fifa at times

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England team to play Honduras: Hart; Johnson, Baines, Cahill, Jagielka; Gerrard (c), Henderson, Rooney, Lallana, Sturridge, Welbeck.

Other then Welbeck happy with the lineup. This looks like our starting lineup versus Italy other that Sterling will start in front of Welbeck.

Not too shabby IMO.

I'd start Barkley versus Italy.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Wellbeck is limited but being played out of position. Rooney is lost in a fluid formation where he is not the focal point.
Worst player on the pitch is Johnson by a mile, which is worrying as there is no true back up in the squad.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Players coming off due to lightening storm. Half hour wait :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here