Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facts about Bayer Leverkusen!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
30,210 less than the Amex? They can only fit 540* people in their stadium?

*According to wikipedia the capacity of the amex is 30,750

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

OK OK I stand corrected, more facts please!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Anyone find out what their average attendance has been in recent years?

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
From the Wiki page:

In contrast to many other German football clubs, which hold close ties to their working class roots, Bayer Leverkusen strives for a clean, family-friendly image. The BayArena has the reputation of being one of the most family-friendly football stadiums in Germany. Ironically, Bayer 04 was the first Bundesliga club whose fans identified themselves as Ultras and the city of Leverkusen is one of the old industrial cities of Germany.

Bayer Leverkusen is perceived by some to have an ongoing image problem of a different sort. Although they are a financially healthy club with a stable of strong players, many fans of the traditional clubs denounce Bayer Leverkusen as being a "plastic club"

Family friendly club and ground, perception by some as being plastic due to amount of fans....some similarities!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Leverkusen is the city in which Ace of Base's members first met, each one of them pulled from the crowd to take part in a local wrestling tournament. 3 other possible Basers, each a Swede on their innocent spring travels through this chill northern state with the dire pop melodies in their repugnant hearts, were mauled and devoured on the annual night of Levekusen lawlessness, an occasion in which natives have the right to carry out any wrongdoing without charge. Many in certain suburbs disguise themselves the year through as horrendously old and feeble people to seem easy meat for their wannabe unknowing assassins, only to slaughter them with semi-just glee.

Bayer Leverkusen's mascot is 9-legged baboon they call Der Ingwer Mutter. He is allergic to all liquids other than baked bean juice, and is allowed to mate with 2 players a season - meaning their scouting system is in part run by a baboon psychologist who understands Ingwer Mutter's bloody fancies.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Yes, but I've heard they're very loud.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here