Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV aerial problem

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
My terrestrial (?) kitchen aerial is playing up badly. Wondered if any of NSC's finest are in the trade and local to Horsham? If so please PM me

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My terrestrial (?) kitchen aerial is playing up badly. Wondered if any of NSC's finest are in the trade and local to Horsham? If so please PM me

As a side note, with the launch of 4g it apparently knocks out some digital tv signals. Worth checking if 4g has been launched in your location. If this is the problem then I believe you may have to buy a device to block out the 4g signal.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As a side note, with the launch of 4g it apparently knocks out some digital tv signals. Worth checking if 4g has been launched in your location. If this is the problem then I believe you may have to buy a device to block out the 4g signal.

I got one of those. It's called a Sony experia mobile telephone.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Got my terrestrial aerial sorted out bigtime last week by supergeek Jonny who trades as Aerials&More and is based in Patcham. Highly recommended and top value for money :thumbsup:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Do people still require the arial on roof? For my last few properties I have used a plug in one which sits next to the TV and gives perfect picture quality on all channels including digital.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Do people still require the arial on roof? For my last few properties I have used a plug in one which sits next to the TV and gives perfect picture quality on all channels including digital.

when we had an arial on the roof, we had to have 2 signal booster things because of the Southdowns, what an interesting world we live in... :D

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I've emailed Norsat to see if they can assist, but just wondered if any other NSC'ers have had the below issue:

Until today, i've had a Sky TV set up in my home, which fed the main TV in the lounge. Additionally I have 2 TV points around the house that picked up Digital TV free. These only worked after I had someone come round to sort out the 'booster' on the Sky box.

Having just switched to Virgin and a TiVo box today, the signal to the other 2 TVs in the house has dropped out..apparently its not so easy to do as a TiVo box has no RF option?

Anyone had a similar issue?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've emailed Norsat to see if they can assist, but just wondered if any other NSC'ers have had the below issue:

Until today, i've had a Sky TV set up in my home, which fed the main TV in the lounge. Additionally I have 2 TV points around the house that picked up Digital TV free. These only worked after I had someone come round to sort out the 'booster' on the Sky box.

Having just switched to Virgin and a TiVo box today, the signal to the other 2 TVs in the house has dropped out..apparently its not so easy to do as a TiVo box has no RF option?

Slingbox might work

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

if your aerial signal previously ran through your Sky box, you should have an aerial cable behind the TV that used to plug into the sky box and an out cable that would have fed to your distribution amp. If you can connect these together, your freeview should work at the other TVs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here