Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potential player targets for Hyypia....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
As mentioned on another thread John Arne Riise could be a great replacement for Ward at LB.

Looking at the Finland national squad that recently played in the Baltic Cup, Riku Riski looks an exciting midfielder from Rosenborg whilst the goalkeeper Niki Maenpaa could also be a useful addition.

What are your thoughts NSC?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
How about forgetting all the foreign nobodies and getting some battle hardened, championship experienced players instead ?

Who would be your suggestions Ernest?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Jordan Rhodes for starters if we are serious about promotion, would cost a fortune but would guarantee 20+ goals or more

Would cost 10m in my opinion. Unless we sell Ulloa this would never happen in view of FFP

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Troy Deeney would be another target and not quite so pricey as Rhodes

For once I agree with you, very useful player. Will be 26 later this month so has time on his side however there's no way we could afford him unless we sold Ulloa.

Edit: Under contract until 2016 as well which would further inflate his price

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As mentioned on another thread John Arne Riise could be a great replacement for Ward at LB.

Looking at the Finland national squad that recently played in the Baltic Cup, Riku Riski looks an exciting midfielder from Rosenborg whilst the goalkeeper Niki Maenpaa could also be a useful addition.

Have we missed out on Ward officially then?

Player wise, I thought the Orient player we were linked with looked ok in the play-off final. I think we need some creativity from somewhere.

keeper wise, I like Gilks of Blackpool, good talker and a bit about him.

CB - don't know what's available, but I suspect a lot of our work is going to be free agents, with signing on fee's

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wholly unrealistic to look at the likes of Rhodes or Deeney and even if we could make a "statement of intent" we couldn't pay the wages of all those other quality players it might attract.
Still it does provide something to wind people up and something else to bitch about when it doesnt happen.

Le Fondre was the bargain of the summer and Cardiff did superbly to get him in early and cheap.

Riise is a sensible suggestion and we may see a Finn or two in the DS squad in time but I would expect to look to the German leagues for any Hyypia inspired signings.
Otherwise I would look to sides like Orient who nearly made it up but failed for championship quality that can be cherry picked and players like Garner at Preston who show ability.
Bialkowzki looks a near deal for a keeper......inevitably a lot looks like being already in process, new manager or not, and possibly already designed to give us more steel and penetration to match sides like Derby. Hopefully Joe Cole might happen to give us some guile and creativity.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here

won't anyone think of poor Warren?

edit: i think i just worked out who Enrest really is....

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Jon and Joe Cole........
They are both past it , would kill us in wages and deserve their payday in the MLS.
If we are to succeed we need a spine of players who have been promoted. A couple of flair players and some to help our striker. Add a sprinkling of young, loanees with a bit of class learning their trade and some squad players.
Sammi plays pass and move, so it's fair to say you need players who have a high pass % and some legs. Those two mentioned add nothing apart from the wage bill, however much I love my Riise!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think we'll be looking more northern europe than Mediterranean for our players. this isnt a bad thing as they have tended to suit both country and footballing style here more.

Feb 21, 2009
Ward is a definite for me as is Sidwell if we could pursuade him, and i'd also like to see Hangeland. If Wood is subject to just over a 1 million bid from Wolves i'd get him back in also for that price.
Keeper wise i'd look at Speroni, Butland or Johnstone (Man U) on seaon loan.
Would like to see Noone back if Cardiff make him surplus to requirements.
I thought the youngster Hoskins at Yeovil looked very good against us.

I'd let Ankergren and Bruno and Buckley go. I'd sell Ulloa for 6m.

I'd have Walton on the bench and involved in all cup games.

GK Speroni, Butland, Johnstone (Players of this ilk)
RB Calderon / Chicksen
CB Greer / Dunk
CB Hangeland / ?
LB Ward / ?
RM Lua Lua / ?
CM Crofts / Ince
CM Sidwell / Stephens
LM Noone / March
CF Mackail Smith / Hoskins (Yeovil) Yesil (Liverpool on loan)
CF Wood / Zamora / May (SPL Player)

Mousse

Jun 7, 2014
Potential players

Personally I would be surprised if Hyypiä didn´t go for Niki Mäenpää, if indeed the team is in need of a goalkeeper. Sami knows a few important things about Niki and his situation: first of all, Sami knows what Niki is capable of. Sami used to be part of the national team coaching staff and still has a very good connection with national team head coach Mixu Paatelainen. Niki has played some great games for Finland, most notably against Spain in Gijon a bit over a year ago. Sami also knows that Mäenpää is currently playing in a team and division that are in no way matching his quality and ambition. He knows that Niki will be cheap and VVV-Venlo can´t keep him.

If you are interested, you can find extended highlights of that Spain - Finland game on youtube.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sidwell he's just confirmed on SSN he has left Fulham

Dec 29, 2011
Personally I would be surprised if Hyypiä didn´t go for Niki Mäenpää, if indeed the team is in need of a goalkeeper. Sami knows a few important things about Niki and his situation: first of all, Sami knows what Niki is capable of. Sami used to be part of the national team coaching staff and still has a very good connection with national team head coach Mixu Paatelainen. Niki has played some great games for Finland, most notably against Spain in Gijon a bit over a year ago. Sami also knows that Mäenpää is currently playing in a team and division that are in no way matching his quality and ambition. He knows that Niki will be cheap and VVV-Venlo can´t keep him.

If you are interested, you can find extended highlights of that Spain - Finland game on youtube.

Could be a good replacement for Orlandi?

Niki-M%C3%A4enp%C3%A4%C3%A4-Sexy-Body-Burbujas-De-Deseo-012-525x700.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here