Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Oscar stay on the 'Legends' wall? Will Sami get a spot?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Oh, that's right, it's a 'historic moments wall'. Like when, erm, Oscar stood for his photocall at pre-season training. :jester:

I'd like to think that we'd immortalise 'THAT' goal at Forest in some way. Perhaps Leo swinging his shirt round with the fans going mental in the foreground and Oscar wheeling away in the background?
Expect a Sami one with him looking stoic.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Oh, that's right, it's a 'historic moments wall'. Like when, erm, Oscar stood for his photocall at pre-season training. :jester:

I would imagine hyppia will replace oscar as oscar replaced gus and so the circle of life continues. Surprized you are worried about it.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It isn't a legends wall

That's what they have always said, but it sort of is, isn't it? Legends plus current manager. So of course Hyypia will replace Garcia. And Adam El Abd should replace Leon Knight.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would imagine hyppia will replace oscar as oscar replaced gus and so the circle of life continues. Surprized you are worried about it.

This. But for starters, as TSB pointed out, it was never meant as a 'legends wall', just some caricatures of popular Albion players over the years. After all how many players on there are actually 'legends'?, in my opinion very few.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

I'm not worried. Just think it would be sensible to put a pre-Amex era manager up there instead of changing it on a yearly basis.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This. But for starters, as TSB pointed out, it was never meant as a 'legends wall', just some caricatures of popular Albion players over the years. After all how many players on there are actually 'legends'?, in my opinion very few.

Kit Napier :thumbsup:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
there should be some basic criteria to getting a place on the legends wall

played a certain amount of games e.g. Peter O'Sullivan

scored a certain amount of goals e.g. Bobby Zamora

managed the club for a certain amount of seasons e.g. Charlie Webb

scored an historic goal e.g. Robbie Reinelt

or any Brighton player that has scored against Palace e.g. Sammy Morgan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports