Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The buzz about Sami... It's out there folks!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yo, I'm reading (and hearing) lots of comments around the web about our new managerial appointment, and it's interesting to note that the vast majority of people are seemingly very impressed with the news. It's got other fans talking about the Albion again. Alas I don't think Oscar generated the same level of interest :/ This is seemingly up there with the Gus appointment (in terms of neutral/rival fan reaction), and will (I'm sure) convince new players to give us a chance and for me at least states: we are indeed back on the map this coming season.

Perhaps one or two individuals posting on this here site, should take note and get behind the club on this one?!? Perhaps, but somehow I doubt it.

Gosh nevermind creaming - my pants have exploded.

Kosh

Last edited:

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Funny old game, the three people I have spoke with this morning were generally underwhelmed.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yo, I'm reading lots of comments around the web about our new managerial appointment, and it's interesting to note that the vast majority of people are seemingly very impressed with the news. It's got other fans talking about the Albion again. Alas I don't think Oscar generated the same level of interest :/ This is seemingly up there with the Gus appointment (in terms of neutral/rival fan reaction), and will (I'm sure) convince new players to give us a chance and for me at least states: we are indeed back on the map this coming season.

Perhaps one or two individuals posting on this here site, should take note and get behind the club on this one?!? Perhaps, but somehow I doubt it.

Kosh

Links?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Arrid, fear that's what that is: fear. They fear the mighty Albion once more. We're turning it up to 11 next season, why? cus it goes to 11.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
TSB, you're down on this are you not?!? Jesus man. Just check the sky sports site for one or two examples. Mostly Liverpool fans, but one or two others (I suspect), I seriously doubt Oscar created any kind of a stir to be honest. I've had texts too from friends (you sure?!?), collegues aware of it - Oscar time last year... Nothing.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Yo, I'm reading lots of comments around the web about our new managerial appointment, and it's interesting to note that the vast majority of people are seemingly very impressed with the news. It's got other fans talking about the Albion again. Alas I don't think Oscar generated the same level of interest :/ This is seemingly up there with the Gus appointment (in terms of neutral/rival fan reaction), and will (I'm sure) convince new players to give us a chance and for me at least states: we are indeed back on the map this coming season.

Kosh

Read a couple of Liverpool forum's last night and was surprised How little interest there was, just half dozen comments.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There should be a buzz,if for no other reason than the fact that we have made an early appointment and have time unlike last year,he was a great player for Liverpool and liked to score a few too...

I'll be honest and say that if somebody had mentioned him the day Oscar left as a replacement than i would have said no,but now he is here he has my full backing..He might just prosper here,let's hope so.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
Enough 'buzz' to sell the last remaining season tickets??? It would be interesting to know if they have sold ST's since his appointment.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Apologies, but I'm not in the habit of making stuff up - awesome poetry aside! The point really is this: players know about Hyypia, budget aside, it's surely going to help convince some that we're back in business and serious about trying to get out of this league! Obviously the remainder of the summer is key, but with some improvements (helped by having a "name" manager) to the squad we should be competing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I will go further and add,as a foreign manager Sami is the closest thing we have to an English manager,he knows the game over here.....i'm buzzing

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Be an OK appointment, I think - but it STILL won't get me to a friendly against the ssssStains.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Norwich: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/mobilepinkun/cs/forums/3136449/ShowPost.aspx

Charlton: http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/62334/brighton-appoint-sami-hyypia-as-manager

I tried to see what our evil twins up the road thought, but couldn't access the bile and poison on BBS as they don't let you read it any more without registering. The only fan site I have ever come across that makes you register to read. Palace fans as weird as ever.

The Nigels are totally paranoid about normal fans reading all about their delusions of grandeur.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I think you'll find House of Fun (Millwall) are worse. They won't even let you register. At least on the BBS you have that option.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Norwich: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/mobilepinkun/cs/forums/3136449/ShowPost.aspx

Charlton: http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/62334/brighton-appoint-sami-hyypia-as-manager

I tried to see what our evil twins up the road thought, but couldn't access the bile and poison on BBS as they don't let you read it any more without registering. The only fan site I have ever come across that makes you register to read. Palace fans as weird as ever.

I just had a look at BBS and what you say is not true. I'm not registered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here