Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What type of manager is hypia?

bhafc123

Feb 24, 2009
are we going to see some pasion on the touchline and animations?..not just hands in the pockets! :albion2::amex:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Good question. Im assuming he's passionate judging by his playing days.

What sort of football does he play? He was a defender so is he defensive minded or has he gone the other way and plays attacking?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
he apparently plays 4-3-3 like Poyet and Garcia, but plays on the counter attack.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He sounds very similar to Garcia. Quite negative, quiet. Unassuming. Bayer fans were frustrated he showed no passion when they were behind.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He sounds very similar to Garcia. Quite negative, quiet. Unassuming. Bayer fans were frustrated he showed no passion when they were behind.

Finns are VERY undemonstrative as a rule - as far from a latin temperament as it's possible to get. Of course, Sami played for 10 years in front of the kop, so he may well be atypical. I can't see him being all Mourhino or Poyet about things though...

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I think I might watch a few games, enjoy the settling in with the new boss, new players and most important new SHIRT then form some sort of opinion as to the guy's playing style and personality.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I think I might watch a few games, enjoy the settling in with the new boss, new players and most important new SHIRT then form some sort of opinion as to the guy's playing style and personality.

Why on earth are you posting something sensible? In accordance with NSC tradition you must either write him off now, or declare undying manlove :lol:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Ok, Sammi usually wears a track suit but who knows. Likes a solid defence, builds through midfield and uses wide players. Sammi is a born winner. He may not show his anger in public but he loves a goal even though he spent years trying to get his own goal celebration!
He likes his teams to soak up pressure, but likes to attack quickly down the flanks. He is still learning and will make mistakes, but with a three year contract, if honoured, should be able with some money to get us up.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Well after after having something of a headcase and then one who communicated very little I feel we now have somebody, who the players will generally like and respect and who will come over decently in the media. He will be a good ambassador for the club. He will not be raving on the touchline, but I would not want that in any event. A manager needs to keep a cool head.

He got the job from amongst a good deal of competition. Whilst our budget has limitations I believe we pay and support our managers pretty well.

I am sure he will play like so many teams in the Championship. Organised in defence and looking to score on the break.

Solid mid-table is what we can expect.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Ok, Sammi usually wears a track suit but who knows. Likes a solid defence, builds through midfield and uses wide players. Sammi is a born winner. He may not show his anger in public but he loves a goal even though he spent years trying to get his own goal celebration!
He likes his teams to soak up pressure, but likes to attack quickly down the flanks. He is still learning and will make mistakes, but with a three year contract, if honoured, should be able with some money to get us up.
After reading this I'm definatly going for top 10 this season with progress each season after.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
he apparently plays 4-3-3 like Poyet and Garcia, but plays on the counter attack.
Yep. My recollection of his Leverkusen side (saw them at Dortmund last season) was the likes of Son Heung-Min and Sidney Sam breaking away at a fair old speed and scoring plenty on the counter.

No idea what approach he'll take in the Championship though. It's the sort of thing we'll only know for sure once we get started and are able to identify regular patterns of play.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Yep. My recollection of his Leverkusen side (saw them at Dortmund last season) was the likes of Son Heung-Min and Sidney Sam breaking away at a fair old speed and scoring plenty on the counter.

No idea what approach he'll take in the Championship though. It's the sort of thing we'll only know for sure once we get started and are able to identify regular patterns of play.
I hope so, I like the sound of that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What type of manager is hypia?
A foreign one who doesn't know the Championship, doesn't know what it takes to get a team promoted, and doesn't have the passion needed to win the playoffs.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here