Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bernie from Hove

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The reporter on the BBC radio news commented that not only had he not told the care home staff were he was going, but he hadn't told his wife either.

After a brief pause the sports reporter interjected, "Oh dear. I expect he wishes he was back on the beaches..."

:lolol:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
The reporter on the BBC radio news commented that not only had he not told the care home staff were he was going, but he hadn't told his wife either.

After a brief pause the sports reporter interjected, "Oh dear. I expect he wishes he was back on the beaches..."

:lolol:

He might have to explain this to her!

image_update_img.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apparently, he wasn't actually banned from the event, although that adds to the fun in the story, there were some logistical problems in the lateness of his decision to go. Still, makes for an enjoyable read.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He was once the Mayor of Hove - does anyone remember him when he was in office?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cool story bro

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
He was once the Mayor of Hove - does anyone remember him when he was in office?

I remember that Hove Council was not particularly popular with Albion fans in the early-mid 1990s. Pre-Belotti, I think, the club was in partnership with a developer, trying to get planning permission to build on the Goldstone, ostensibly to allow said developer to then build us a new stadium. I seem to remember councillor Bernie being interviewed on Radio Sussex about his opposition to this.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
[atta
atch=config]54811[/attach] Another picture of Bernie

Attachments

• IMG_331467198823827.jpeg
    IMG_331467198823827.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,520

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A man with balls as big as his deserves respect, gets off his arse at 89 and toddles off to France for the day, absolute hero in my eyes no matter what kind of politics. I wish our club would offer him a top class ticket or two if he so wanted.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
A man with balls as big as his deserves respect, gets off his arse at 89 and toddles off to France for the day, absolute hero in my eyes no matter what kind of politics. I wish our club would offer him a top class ticket or two if he so wanted.
That would be a lovely gesture.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Yes but there were also some who thought that getting planning permission for the site to 'add to the value' also felt (and were proved horribly right) that adding to the value is great if you're planning to sell.

(This should also have quoted an earlier post regarding planning permission for the Goldstone.)

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

Totally agree. He should be guest of honour at the home game nearest Remembrance Day in November.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here