Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It didn't take us long to forget Garcia did it!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who ?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Oh you mean Gus Garcia no didn't take long.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Onwards and upwards

OG was instantly forgettable. When he arrived, I was excited at his reputation for playing attacking football but soon realised that there was a big, big difference between his reputation and reality. I know he got us to the play-offs but the football was pretty dire to watch most of the time so I won't miss him.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Nothing really about him was memorable. "Boring" personality and we didn't play fantastic attacking football that we expected. Take nothing away, he got us into the play offs and I'm grateful for that but other than the Forest game there isn't much I will remember in years to come.

OG was instantly forgettable. When he arrived, I was excited at his reputation for playing attacking football but soon realised that there was a big, big difference between his reputation and reality. I know he got us to the play-offs but the football was pretty dire to watch most of the time so I won't miss him.

The footie was dire all of the time!

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013

This, better than I could put it

Dec 29, 2011

Dire football because he was hamstrung by the SHIT squad. Do you think he wanted to play the football he did? Of course not, but he knew the players we had weren't capable of fast, expansive counter attacking football. Therefore he set up defensively, ground out wins and got us into the top 6.

Selective memory will usually make you remember the games we should have won but didn't (e.g. Yeovil) but he was a quality manager who would have taken us up without a problem if we had the squad/financial resources of Leicester/Reading etc.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think you're all being astoundingly mean. I can easily forget about Oscar, especially given his bizarre decision to return to MTA. It's even easier given his replacement. But he did a fine job, under difficult circumstances, got us into the play-offs and, probably most importantly, brought Ince through, and gave March his start, and plenty of exposure for JFC.
That said, can't help thinking that Hyypia is A VERY GOOD THING for Dunk.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Say what you like I liked him, he got the best from a very fragile squad and it should never be forgotten.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seeing him shuffle around the technical area hands in pockets, inspecting his loafers, when it was kicking off against Newport County rang alarm bells for me. I like a bit of fight in people.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I liked Oscar and think he did a good job. But he used to come across a bit distant in his post and pre match interviews, so its probably why people have moved on so quickly, also he was not here very long. I wish him well. It was not ment to be, he has moved back and we have moved on.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Did ok but he was ok but he and his team was CRUSHINGLY dull most of the time. We move onto more exciting times.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Say what you like I liked him, he got the best from a very fragile squad and it should never be forgotten.

Spot on. Solly March wouldn't have been making his England U20 debut recently but for Oscar. Was very good news for the youngsters.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Let's be honest ... I don't think he really liked it here but was too decent a chap to bail out until the season was over.

On balance the wrong appointment, but these things happen.

Must admit this season was the first in my life that there were games when I wished I'd brought a paper with me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here