Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bent is FIFA?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Put 'Sepp Blatter' into google and the first suggestion is 'Sepp Blatter corrupt'.
Nail. Head.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
...as a nine bob note.
...as a fishing hook.
...as a bendy bent thing from Bendytown in the county of Bendy.
...as the digit "8".

Something like that anyway.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
gone there and coming back

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's amazing that they have survived thus far. There must be plenty of dirt to destroy them, surely?

I don't buy the Observer anymore, but I used to love the Said and Done section. They had a FIFA gem each week. Russian delegates claiming for 453 breakfasts after a four day conference, ad infinitum.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's amazing that they have survived thus far. There must be plenty of dirt to destroy them, surely?

I don't buy the Observer anymore, but I used to love the Said and Done section. They had a FIFA gem each week. Russian delegates claiming for 453 breakfasts after a four day conference, ad infinitum.

FIFA are frankly without shame. No matter what evidence is revealed by newspapers,the BBC or even by their own internal " investigations " they just carry on plodding along in their own little world of free lunches and travel etc etc. The list of accusations grows ever longer and yet they all feel no shame... not a glimmer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
FIFA are frankly without shame. No matter what evidence is revealed by newspapers,the BBC or even by their own internal " investigations " they just carry on plodding along in their own little world of free lunches and travel etc etc. The list of accusations grows ever longer and yet they all feel no shame... not a glimmer.

They are a charity. Come on. Give them a break?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Bent, twisted bunch of wankers !!
Especially that **** Blatter .

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

I buy and almost the whole section of Said and Done is about FIFA excess, corruption and lies

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I'd be quite happy for the FA to quit international football in protest at the disgraceful way FIFA handle world football. If FIFA then take sanctions against players in England, perhaps it will encourage overseas players to leave, and allow our own players to develop.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The main problem is that there is no higher power that can strip them from office. Blatter is probably corrupt and many of the senior members have been proven corrupt, however, Blatter needs their support to remain in office and even cheekily, seek re-election yet again ! This is not Turkeys voting for Christmas this is pigs voting for more swill as they all have their noses in the trough.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'd be quite happy for the FA to quit international football in protest at the disgraceful way FIFA handle world football. If FIFA then take sanctions against players in England, perhaps it will encourage overseas players to leave, and allow our own players to develop.

If England did quit, it would have absolutely zero effect on FIFA, it will just be like when we were banned from international competitions following the Heysel disaster. The rest will just carry on without us.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If England and a couple of Euro heavyweights were to boycott a world cup something might happen with FIFA

Just seems its doesn't matter how much evidence is thrown at them they are untouchable..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here