Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news on seagulls.co.uk - Albion launch new women's academy

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It's great for the girls/women involved but on the face of it with FFP surely the money could be put to better use in terms of return on investment. Not sure what the ultimate goal of the club for the woman's game is? Even if they get to the top flight no one watches apart from friends and family anyway. Even the best teams only get a few hundred.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've no objection whatsoever to womens football. If they enjoy it let them get on with it. No harm done.

I'm just not in the slightest bit interested in hearing about it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've no objection whatsoever to womens football. If they enjoy it let them get on with it. No harm done.

I'm just not in the slightest bit interested in hearing about it.

It'd be absolutely fantastic to have a BHA team in the Women's Super League. Some people are so focused on penises!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It's great for the girls/women involved but on the face of it with FFP surely the money could be put to better use in terms of return on investment. Not sure what the ultimate goal of the club for the woman's game is? Even if they get to the top flight no one watches apart from friends and family anyway. Even the best teams only get a few hundred.

The womens team has 0 affect on FFP..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Then don't read it? No one is forcing you....

I don't. But it does often tend to smuggle its way into the mainstream sports pages which usually carry proper football reports. I'm not sure this niche, minority sport really justifies the column inches or coverage when only 316 people in the country actually bother going to watch regularly.

It'd be absolutely fantastic to have a BHA team in the Women's Super League. Some people are so focused on penises!

Good for them. Its a big meh from me.
Sorry.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good to see the club arent just focusing on the mens team and are wanting to develop womens football in Sussex while striving to become a WSL team.

If you dont want to know about it, dont read it - simple.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I don't. But it does often tend to smuggle its way into the mainstream sports pages which usually carry proper football reports. I'm not sure this niche, minority sport really justifies the column inches or coverage when only 316 people in the country actually bother going to watch regularly.
Sorry.

And how would you get womens football to grow if the only place it could advertise was on specific websites for womens football?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Will make no difference to FFP figures - thankfully there is no mention of gender when the League decided that investment in youth development would be excluded from the FFP P&L.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Not arguing with you, but can you explain how, is it self funded somehow?

It's funded by the club but does not come under FFP. Don't know exactly why but I know it doesn't. Even if it did come under FFP, none of the women get paid so the affect on our budget would be extremely minimal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here