Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves bid 1.1M for Chris Wood

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Worth more I'd say. He must be worth at least half what Ulloa is worth if not more.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
If they sell for anywhere near that and we are not in the bidding process I will be very annoyed.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If they sell for anywhere near that and we are not in the bidding process I will be very annoyed.

A few years younger then Ulloa- has shown he can play in this league- If he is sold for that it will make a mockery if we cannot do a deal for Wood + Cash. No gurantee we could meet his wage demands though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They still have another parachute payment and after only losing 5 games last season it looks like they are set up better than us to storm the Championship next season.

Does it? How so?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I doubt we are bidding for anyone before we get a manager. The D R Congo player transfer seems to have been set up when Oscar was still here.

Having seen the way Wood celebrated his goals for Millwall I got the impression he didn't much like the Albion either

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Leicester paid 2 million for him, his return since joining them is 13 goals in 26 starts(20 sub apperances as well). His career average in the league is just very nearly a goal every 3 games which is a pretty decent return. I'd be amazed if he was available for just over a million, someone would be getting a real bargain.

Having seen the way Wood celebrated his goals for Millwall I got the impression he didn't much like the Albion either

I reckon that was more to do with sending a message to Gus more than anything else.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I doubt we are bidding for anyone before we get a manager. The D R Congo player transfer seems to have been set up when Oscar was still here.

so was Joe Cole...set up when Oscar was here.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Being promoted with a winning mentality for starters. They won the league by a clear mile and they don't have to rebuild their squad, just tweak it.

I can see them doing better than Bournemouth did this season.

As did we in 2011; and for the 11/12 season, TB made sure we had cash to spend with no FFP constraints back then. Wolves still have some PL sized contracts to honour.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As did we in 2011; and for the 11/12 season, TB made sure we had cash to spend with no FFP constraints back then. Wolves still have some PL sized contracts to honour.

Our form dipped at the end of that season after we got rid of Bennet and also going into the Championship with only Barnes, CMS and Hoskins as our strike force gave us no continuity from League One into the Championship. It was more of a tentative step into it.

For Wolves to drop down and allow them a season to rebuild from scratch was probably a good thing that will end up paying off.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Good signing for Wolverhampton if true.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Our form dipped at the end of that season after we got rid of Bennet and also going into the Championship with only Barnes, CMS and Hoskins as our strike force gave us no continuity from League One into the Championship. It was more of a tentative step into it.

For Wolves to drop down and allow them a season to rebuild from scratch was probably a good thing that will end up paying off.

I must've missed our form dipping at the end of that season, unless you count the games after we had the league title sewn up by mid-April.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here