Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia on Wikipedia

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I thought I knew Hyypia's career but thought I would read his Wikipedia page. Two things struck me in the section on his coaching career. Firstly how badly is this written! Secondly there is comment in here that seems to question whether he has a coaching certificate. (Probably out of date rubbish)

"Hyypiä told he would become part of the coaching staff for both Finnish national team and Bayer Leverkusen. He started a coaching formation at the Finnish football federation. October 2011 Hyypiä was in Leverkusen for 6 weeks as a trainee with then head coach Robin Dutt. On 1 April 2012, Hyypiä and under-19 coach Sascha Lewandowski were named as caretaker coaches of Bayer Leverkusen, after the sacking of then-manager Robin Dutt.[33] On 15 May 2012, Hyypiä was confirmed as team manager (Teamchef) and Lewandowski as head coach (Cheftrainer) of Bayer Leverkusen until the summer of 2015. In an unusual team work they are equally responsible. As Lewandowski has the training license, he has to be at the press conferences after the match, he also takes care of the training sessions. Hyypiä watches them, intervenes with personal talks, and is at the pre-game press conference. Despite his not yet perfect German, he addresses the team last before the match. This system proved successful, until mid of the 2012–13 season Leverkusen is second in the league, were the only side beating Bayern at home, qualifying for the next round in the Champions League, and German cup.[34][35][36][37] Hyypiä took became the sole head coach after Lewandowski went back to work with the youth development department.[38] Hyypiä's first training session as the sole head coach happened on 24 June 2013.[39] On the 5 April 2014, Hyypiä was sacked by Bayer Leverkusen with immediate effect[40] after losing to Hamburger SV the night before.[41]"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here