Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World's crappiest politician world cup? Anyone?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Nominations

I'm up for running this

someone will have to come up with the rules

in the meantime, I nominate Tony Abbot (AUS) and Michael Gove (UK)

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Current or all time? Are we looking at genuine incompetence (someone like Geoff Hoon for example) or just being a deeply unpleasant individual (Abbott fits the bill). If you need both then Gove is obviously a serious contender.

Presumably democratically elected to rule out Stalin, Pol Pot etc
Must have held a position of seniority - Party Leader, Minister, PM, President etc - and not just be a bit of a clown, eg Galloway

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Current or all time? Are we looking at genuine incompetence (someone like Geoff Hoon for example) or just being a deeply unpleasant individual (Abbott fits the bill). If you need both then Gove is obviously a serious contender.

Presumably democratically elected to rule out Stalin, Pol Pot etc
Must have held a position of seniority - Party Leader, Minister, PM, President etc - and not just be a bit of a clown, eg Galloway

all of the above

.....not to sure about the democracy bit, I'll let the people decide

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The obvious answer would seem to be Bellotti.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Nicholas Soames is a bit of a let down as grandsons go.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'll second Hoon, Galloway and Pol Pot

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I second Rob Ford, Toronto's mayor. He narrowly avoided becoming the first mayor of Toronto to be removed from office following a conflict of interests scandal. He refused to resign and so had a lot of powers removed. And then he was filmed smoking crack....he admitted he 'probably' did it during one of his drunken stupors. He drinks and drives, he loves a drunken rant and he's also been investigated for domestic abuse - actually he's been done for threatening to kill his wife.

His sister's husband claims that Ford had him beaten up in prison (and that's probably true). He's not averse to chucking out racially abusive phrases at his opponents too.

He was dead against the city donating money to AIDS research because...."If you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you wouldn't get AIDS probably, that's bottom line...those are the facts."

His views on cyclists..."What I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later you're going to get bitten... Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks, not for people on bikes. My heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it's their own fault at the end of the day."

His views on the Chinese: "Those Orientals...work like dogs........I'm telling you, the Oriental people, they're slowly taking over"

He's been posting photos of himself in rehab recently. £100k it's costing him. Cheap as chips he says. He describes it as 'amazing'.....and he wants to run for re-election!

Rob Ford....Berlusconi would be proud of his record.

What a guy!

320px-Rob_Ford_Mayor.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bellotti obviously, Norman Cooke.

And I'd say Ed Milliband, Neil Kinnock, and Michael Foot (although I think the latter may be dead?)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Labour: Ed Miliband
Lib Dems: Lembit Opik
Tories: Edwina Currie
Global: Sarah Palin

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
There are a good many of them, some already mentioned so going to mention IDS here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My initial qualifiers would include :
Gordon Brown
Michael Foot
Neil Kinnock
Paddy Pantsdown
Edwina Currie
Berlusconi
Sarkosy