Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit - business opportunity being lost

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
My family had said that they would buy me the new shirt for a Fathers Day. Still no sign of the shirt and no indication of the date, so they will buy something else this weekend. I suspect that Nike don't wish to affect England shirt sales but this is getting stupid. Too much cloak and dagger here, I am a customer who like so many of us spends a four figure sum with the club every year. Show us some respect and at least let us know when it's going to be launched.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You are a father? A grown man? Get a grip FFS. It's a football shirt.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Has the season started? I must have missed it.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
No it's my twelfth, has anyone got any other ideas for extracting some snippet of info out of the club then?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No it's my twelfth, has anyone got any other ideas for extracting some snippet of info out of the club then?

Wait until they release it and stop whining about trivial things? I means, who cares? The team will be running out in it in the first game of the season, surely that's all that matters?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
They might as well just launch the shipping container that's bringing all the shirts over from China into the sea now.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Buy an England shirt, more relevant right now...

The real truth is whether they launch today or in august. You will still buy one. There is no "lost business" it's not like you would go and buy a Palace shirt now because you can't get a Brighton one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My family had said that they would buy me the new shirt for a Fathers Day. Still no sign of the shirt and no indication of the date, so they will buy something else this weekend. I suspect that Nike don't wish to affect England shirt sales but this is getting stupid. Too much cloak and dagger here, I am a customer who like so many of us spends a four figure sum with the club every year. Show us some respect and at least let us know when it's going to be launched.

Why can't they buy it for you for Christmas ? ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no, its a business opportunity gained. you're going to buy a football shirt anyway, most who are likly to buy the shirt will buy it when ever it comes out. so for fathers day you're family will buy something else.

though why you want to participate in this daft commercial gimmick is anyones guess. everyday is fathers day.

el punal

As an aside here, did I read that the club shop was going to be renovated over the close season? If this is so, wouldn't be obvious to launch the new kit ( with all the razzmatazz) when it's all completed. Anyway, as already stated, there is a minor thing called the World Cup to get out of the way first.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I suspect that Nike don't wish to affect England shirt sales but this is getting stupid.

I suspect it's because it's only the first week of June.

Not sure any new kit has EVER been released this early.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
England shirt sales far more important to Nike than the few template shirts that Brighton will sell, the club probably knew this when it took the Nike $$$. If the OP wanted a new shirt, he will still buy one when they come out, but it won't make a dent in Nikes profits if he doesn't, and the club will be satisfied with the lump sum payments from Nike, and the anticipated revenue increase from selling a cheaper product for more money anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here