Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who wons the recent elections?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
having voted a couple of weeks ago i have not seen the results for Brighton area.
Having voted on Thursday and told the results would not be known until Sunday i have still not seen them.
When can i find the actual voting figures and who won?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
South East England constituency for the European Parliament - 10 MEPs...

4 - UKIP
3 - Conservative
1 - Labour
1 - LibDem
1 - Green

Across Brighton & Hove, the votes were...

20,414 - Labour
18,586 - Green
15,626 - Conservative
14,205 - UKIP
4,205 - LibDem

That's across the city as a whole, while the only parliamentary constituency breakdown result is that the Greens topped the poll in the Brighton Pavilion constituency.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

4 - UKIP
3 - Conservative
1 - Labour
1 - LibDem
1 - Green

20,414 - Labour
18,586 - Green
15,626 - Conservative
14,205 - UKIP
4,205 - LibDem

That's across the city as a whole, while the only parliamentary constituency breakdown result is that the Greens topped the poll in the Brighton Pavilion constituency.

The breakdown for B&H might just disappoint Westdene Seagull. It's good news for Caroline Lucas retaining her seat at Westminster and also for Kemptown and Hove going from Tories to Labour.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

4 - UKIP
3 - Conservative
1 - Labour
1 - LibDem
1 - Green

20,414 - Labour
18,586 - Green
15,626 - Conservative
14,205 - UKIP
4,205 - LibDem

Have you the stats for all Pavilion votes?

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually

4 - UKIP
3 - Conservative
1 - Labour
1 - LibDem
1 - Green

20,414 - Labour
18,586 - Green
15,626 - Conservative
14,205 - UKIP
4,205 - LibDem

How were you able to obtain the results for just Pavilion? I was under the impression that all three B+H constituency votes were tallied up together, with no distinction between individual constituencies beforehand

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How were you able to obtain the results for just Pavilion? I was under the impression that all three B+H constituency votes were tallied up together, with no distinction between individual constituencies beforehand

This is the result across Brighton & Hove.

The result for Pavilion is on the back of the unchallenged claim made by the Greens, though what the figures are, I don't know.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is the result across Brighton & Hove.

The result for Pavilion is on the back of the unchallenged claim made by the Greens, though what the figures are, I don't know.

They may well have made such a claim, and they should, because if across the three constituencies that was the vote, it's safe to say that they won in Pavilion, and probably won comfortably.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The breakdown for B&H might just disappoint Westdene Seagull. It's good news for Caroline Lucas retaining her seat at Westminster and also for Kemptown and Hove going from Tories to Labour.

Agreed, a bit disappointing but seeing the complete lack of any serious support for the Lib Dems is rather pleasing.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agreed, a bit disappointing but seeing the complete lack of any serious support for the Lib Dems is rather pleasing.

Just so you know, I was disappointed by the UK-wide result.
As you mentioned them, what is your prediction for the number of seats the Lib Dems will get at next year's General?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Just so you know, I was disappointed by the UK-wide result.
As you mentioned them, what is your prediction for the number of seats the Lib Dems will get at next year's General?

I think they'll get decimated - so 57 MPs now - I reckon on a good night they may get 15.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

What DO you mean? The Lib Dems just beat "Nick The Flying Brick" outtasight for 6th place at Newark! :nono:

I think many of them will be looking for Nick V The Flying Brick at the moment. Maybe Carl Froch could give Vince Cable some coaching...

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Tories won't get overturned in either Kemptown or Hove

I think there's a chance of a change in Kemptown - I'd suspect a close three horse race. Hove on the other hand will stay Tory in a two horser as the Green candidate is Christopher "mad as a box of frogs" Hawtree.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think there's a chance of a change in Kemptown - I'd suspect a close three horse race. Hove on the other hand will stay Tory in a two horser as the Green candidate is Christopher "mad as a box of frogs" Hawtree.

I too think that Labour's chances are better in Kemptown, although it will be a straight two-horse race (Tories vs Labour), as will Hove, which I still think will go to Labour. We can return to such predictions in just under a year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here