Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bus v bike. who's the biggest plonker?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From what we see, obviously the cyclist. Problem is we don't see the reason why the cyclist is acting like a knob at the start.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Bike. He had no need to cycle so slowly up the centre of the street. He braked right infront of the bus, what did he expect was going to happen?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Legally, at least in this country, the bus is in the wrong, however much of a plonker the cyclist is being, as the bus is behind him. I suspect (or, would hope) that the bus has done something to make the cyclist behave like this in the fist place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm kind of hoping there was no reason for the cyclist to be acting like a turd in the first place. Assuming that makes it a very enjoyable watch. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming he'd been mildly wronged by the bus driver, (lets face it, if he'd be seriously wronged that video wouldn't be happening) I wonder when the cyclist eventually thought:-

'Taking revenge on a bus just isn't a good idea'.

It'll be nice if he got on the bus, as his bike no longer worked.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Bus driver is completely at fault.

There is no need to drive that close behind another road user, regardless of the speed they are doing or how fast they are travelling. - Would he have done that to a car, van or lorry if they were moving that fast too. - answer is no because he knows that should they stop it would damage his own bus, the reason people do this to cyclists is that they know that there will be little or no damage to their vehicle. Absolutely no need and if the bus driver had been leaving a normal gap, then the cyclist would probably gone off and travelled at a normal speed andf this incident wouldn't have happened.

If i was driving in a car and someone was being a prick by driving to close behind me i wouldn't go very fast either.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
After watching the guy getting the rear wheel of his bike adjusted by the bus there was another couple of videos. One guy is slipstreaming a lorry about a foot from its bumper at what appears to be a pretty fast speed which is asking for trouble and another guy cycling in and out of the traffic quite fast and got squashed between a bus and a pick up (thankfully he was ok).
On this occasion I'd say the bike was the biggest plonker

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here