Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most hilarious bit of Tory government propaganda ever?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Watch Aberdeen play all season with two mates – with a few pies and Bovrils thrown in for good measure.

No thanks.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
13. 200 bottles of Buckfast

binge_drinking_1363279c.jpg

* Sorry couldn't find a lego jock swigging a bottle

Agreed Kemptown Kid, it's almost as if the "No's" have thrown in the towel but they'll get a bit of obvious pisstaking in anyway

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Agreed Kemptown Kid, it's almost as if the "No's" have thrown in the towel but they'll get a bit of obvious pisstaking in anyway

Exactly the right approach. Let the Sweaties go, the rest of us are better off, and we get to take the pxxs out of the F.R.I.S.P.s, eveyone's a winner!

Is this Tory 'propaganda'? The head of the better off in campaign is Alastair Darling, a right proper toff him, innit?
It's on the gov.uk website and is published by the Scotland Office and HM Treasury. It's the work of the Coalition Government, which is (arguably? - I don't think so) dominated by the Conservative Party.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is this the work of the same person who came up with the poster "Budget 2014 - Cutting the Bingo Tax and Beer Duty to help hardworking people do more of the things they enjoy"?

I think this page is wholly inappropriate. This is a serious issue and the place for light-hearted guff is not on the UK Government's own website.

If this is some sort of publicity stunt it will backfire and only increase the number of OUT voters.

Please tell me that's a joke?

There's essentially two different layers of f-ckuppery rolled into one big one here:
1) using official government machinary to intervene in partisan fashion in a debate among the Scottish people
2) using Buzzfeed style humour which is great in many contexts but childishly idiotic in this one

Jeezus now Obama's getting stuck in to this - who asked you drone boy?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
1. An overseas holiday for two with cash leftover for sun cream.
6. Fill up your fuel tank for the whole year with money leftover for an MOT and a few trips to the car wash.

Surely that should be 'leftover cash/money' or 'cash/money left over'. The UK Government clearly need to brush up on their English.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is this the work of the same person who came up with the poster "Budget 2014 - Cutting the Bingo Tax and Beer Duty to help hardworking people do more of the things they enjoy"?

You would hope not.

One is an official government website, the other (the 'Bingo' ad) was done by the Conservative Party.

I think this page is wholly inappropriate. This is a serious issue and the place for light-hearted guff is not on the UK Government's own website.

If this is some sort of publicity stunt it will backfire and only increase the number of OUT voters.

Quite. I's supposed to be an information site about policies and procedures, whereas this is a piece of partisan electioneering.

Do they honestly believe that it won't affect the attitudes of even some voters?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
...........in a debate among the Scottish people

If this was actually the case, SNP would get nowhere with their argument. Alex gawd bless 'im, makes sure he involves an English MP, an English department, an English historical fact,... just about anything he can grab out of his book of anti-English rhetoric to keep his public 'braveheart' support going until September, its the only way he will win.

This publication however, is misplaced at best, though on the upside, if it helps Alex with his cause, the loss of 30 odd left orientated MP's from Westminster will be a nice little bonus.

the loss of 30 odd left orientated MP's from Westminster will be a nice little bonus.

Don't count on it - the break-up of the Union will radicalise all of the UK. The visible example of better social policies being practised next to England will lead to greater demands for them to be introduced here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here