• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No one has been offered the job.

No one has turned it down.

To save Tony tossing a coin to decide, who would YOU choose?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I voted Hantz, as I live entirely in the present and can't remember the equal excitement I must've felt for whoever the other guy is 2 days ago.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hantz, just.

Although either would be great.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Hyppia has experience of English football and how important things like the FA cup are etc...

Could potentially have access to Liverpool development players

Managed at a better level of football.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
An image speaks a thousand words. I voted as below:

idiot-41423.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Will support either 100% (until they start ****ing it up obviously, then I'll come on here and say what a dumb appointment it was, Bloom/Barber out, not renewing next year etc etc)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hantz , he seems to of been succesful as a manager and less of a risk.

Hyypia for me is to unproven (the Success in germany I keep reading it was down to the joint manager)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You imagine the thought process is something like:

Hyypia: Big name, glamorous, knows the English game, speaks fluent English, already managed at a very high level.

Hantz: Low-key, record of success at lower levels, less likely to piss off at the first opportunity (speculative that one).

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Hantz' achievements are more impressive but obviously Hyypia is more of a box office name.

I can't see either would have any particularly alluring connections to draw upon however. But is that even a factor, given our set up? If the manager is just coming in to manage, then surely we just pick the one with the best record.

Hantz has a 37% win ratio at Bastia, over four seasons, whereas Hyypia's win rate is higher, but over a far shorter spell and with a much bigger club with greater resources.

To be honest, I think Hantz having won two titles should be the deciding factor. I appreciate the second and third tiers of French football aren't necessarily the most competitive leagues on earth, but he's still done the job and a title win is a title win, unless it's in Scotland where there is zero competition.

Might not be the most fashionable name in the world but he does have honours, he does have experience and if he interviews well then that's good enough for me.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Actually either will be good, just a slight doubt over Hantz, simply based on a prejudice that French domestic football is a bit well noddy. Guingamp over here, would probably support a decent county league side. Bastia can lay a claim to the population of Corsica, which is about the same as the Isle of Wight, although almost certain to be less doddery.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Tough one. Does anyone know Hantz's ability to speak English? If he has next to none, then Hyppia, just. If he does, then Hantz, just. I could easily get behind either. If these two are the frontrunners, it does seem that TB has a definite preference for a foreign manager, at least while we're at this level - 3 appointments of foreign managers in a row would be a trend.

Eeny, meenie.... Hyypia.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Bastia can lay a claim to the population of Corsica, which is about the same as the Isle of Wight, although almost certain to be less doddery.

I hadn't realised Corsica was on a par with the Pile of Shite population wise. Seems odd then that it supports TWO top flight clubs (Ajaccio and Bastia) in France, a country with a greater population than the UK, let alone England, whilst our own Isle of Wight's biggest club ply their trade in the Wessex League, which must be about 15 tiers down from the top level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here