Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I like ....

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Has anybody got any likes for certain countries competing in the World Cup for non football reasons ....

I'll start the ball rolling with Brazil so that you get what Im on about ....

I like Brazil because they invented my second favourite "hairstyle" (if only Hollywood was a country ....)

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I like the dutch - spent a lot of time in Amsterdam in the 90's really nice people and for a small country always produce decent teams - if only they could get on with each other....

Also being at the 2000 euro champs the classic quote of a dutch fan to my mate " its schimple for us, we to are hating the Germans"

Market Porter

Or The Globe
Feb 14, 2008
South Walk
I like it that when we go out in the group stages I can follow my wife's country, Italy, though I never let her know that I have a grudging respect for the oily, cheating spicks.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I like it that when we go out in the group stages I can follow my wife's country, Italy, though I never let her know that I have a grudging respect for the oily, cheating spicks.

I have a similar feeling for my GF's nation.... France - the team in the 80's was fantastic. Thankfully she doesnt read nsc!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Holland for me. Lovely people and a great footballing nation the 1974 team was amazing!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bosnia for me, having visited it I know what a beautiful country it is and less than a generation ago it was war-torn and it's people suffered terribly. To see them at a WC is fantastic and they've got one or two very good players, could do ok.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I like Japanese culture a lot so Japan. Belgium for being my favourite place abroad so far. And South Korea because the women are so attractive :D

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
From living in Africa at the current time I would love one of the African nations to go as far as the final or even the semis. I will be cheering on all 6 of the African nations :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I like Japanese culture a lot so Japan. Belgium for being my favourite place abroad so far. And South Korea because the women are so attractive :D

Japan for me too having lived there for a nearly a year a while back. In that time saw their national team a few times on Japanese telly and went to see them in a tournament in Saitama (where you could have fried chicken and beer in your seat :drool: )

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The Dutch, any major tournement when I was a kid me and my brother would often go and watch the games without our Parents and remember on two occassions watching Holland play with some Dutch fans and they were great, always stuck with me and you cant go anywhere with seeing the hoards Orange when a game is on.

Ozziemate

May 7, 2013
I like the Ivory Coast, just because I think it is one the best named countries in the world, makes me want to visit. Can't imagine it lives up to its name though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here