Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really Southampton ! Is that the limit of our ambition?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Is this how the club considers its status.

In May 2011 we had surpassed Southhampton in terms of status . We were the top dogs.

Now we are playing the role of minnow against them, as they grant us the favour of bringing a squad to play a friendly against us.

They should be going to Pompey or Woking not coming to us.

I wonder who Bournemouth will get this season?

We should have a massive glamour friendly Paris St Germain , Athletico Bilboa ( Lopez link) Dortmund etc.

Or at least a Villa or even Newcastle .

Southhampton with Llallana or Lambert ? Big deal.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
this is a team that finished 8th in the premier league, compared to last year, which was norwich who finished 11, and the chelsea side we faced in 2012 only finished 6th. And hey, at least it's not Hull

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

In May 2011 we had surpassed Southhampton in terms of status . We were the top dogs.

Now we are playing the role of minnow against them, as they grant us the favour of bringing a squad to play a friendly against us.

We should have a massive glamour friendly Paris St Germain , Athletico Bilboa ( Lopez link) Dortmund etc.

WTF... Why should PSG come to us for a "massive glamour" friendly?? It wouldn't be glamorous for them!! It would be like us playing a pre-season friendly against a pub team!!!

We are not that f*cking important!

D

Deleted User X18H

WTF... Why should PSG come to us for a "massive glamour" friendly?? It wouldn't be glamorous for them!! It would be like us playing a pre-season friendly against a pub team!!!

We are not that f*cking important!
Didn't Real Madrid go to Bournemouth last year? That is where we should be aiming .

We have a stadium now use it effectively . I cannot see the old bill vetoing a friendly if it clashes with Pride.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex

yeah, we should have real madrid and Manchester city coming to us, and us going to barcelona during the pre season training in spain. Unfortunately not every club in england outside the premier league can play a friendly against those teams.

D

Deleted User X18H

yeah, we should have real madrid and Manchester city coming to us, and us going to barcelona during the pre season training in spain. Unfortunately not every club in england outside the premier league can play a friendly against those teams.

No that's not how friendlies work the bigger team always visit the smaller one. The only exception to this was when we played Scunny in 2009.

But Southampton are not in my opinion a bigger club than the Albion, well only temporarily.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No that's not how friendlies work the bigger team always visit the smaller one. The only exception to this was when we played Scunny in 2009.

But Southampton are not in my opinion a bigger club than the Albion, well only temporarily.

Since when have friendly's meant the bigger teams ALWAYS go to the smaller team. There are hundreds of friendlies that contridict this statement.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex

it's only a friendly, besides, the foreign team (I think it's Spanish) coming to the Amex might be a big team, you never know.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't go to friendlies but I can see the appeal of playing Southampton. Reasonably local, some recent "history" between the clubs, a side that plays good football and sets an example to medium sized clubs in lots of ways. Why not?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

It's actually impressive to achieve such a high level of inaccuracy, myopia and idiocy in a single post. Hats off.

Just try and make it rhyme next time.

D

Deleted User X18H

it's only a friendly, besides, the foreign team (I think it's Spanish) coming to the Amex might be a big team, you never know.

Is there another friendly booked in then?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Didn't Real Madrid go to Bournemouth last year? That is where we should be aiming .

We have a stadium now use it effectively . I cannot see the old bill vetoing a friendly if it clashes with Pride.

Real charged their usual seven-figure fee, which meant ticket prices around £50. You can just imagine the frenzy on here if we tried it ...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here