Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting ratty now!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've spent over a grand on two season tickets and the club can't even be arsed to provide a periodic update on general progress on timings this week for the new whatever he's called this year. Also can't be arsed to tell us timings for the new kit announcement. In fact, just can't be arsed to bother with us at all now they have banked the cash. We know Barber can speak eloquently when the mood takes him, so couldn't he just treat us with a little respect and tell us a little about what's going on instead of leaving us in the very deep dark?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've spent over a grand on two season tickets and the club can't even be arsed to provide a periodic update on general progress on timings this week for the new whatever he's called this year. Also can't be arsed to tell us timings for the new kit announcement. In fact, just can't be arsed to bother with us at all now they have banked the cash. We know Barber can speak eloquently when the mood takes him, so couldn't he just treat us with a little respect and tell us a little about what's going on instead of leaving us in the very deep dark?

Given the sensitivities surrounding the appointment of a new manager, it is best for the club to say nothing. And what with the current manager merry-go-round as it is, for all the best intentions, they may not know themselves.

As regards the new kit, I agree, it would have been nice to have a date.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Whats your point? you have only paid to watch football matches.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
:drama:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Are you drunk?

Why do you think the club should share sensitive information on senior management recruitment?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you drunk?

Why do you think the club should share sensitive information on senior management recruitment?

Half hourly club Twitter updates live from the interview rooms would seem fair, don't you think?

Maybe every fifteen minutes if the candidate is chatty or has a particularly noteworthy tie on.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I would love a 'There will be no announcement on the manager situation this week' announcement from the club, simply so I don't have to read tedious 'ITK' poster's drivel on here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine how Tony feels, he's spent £100+ million, and not an update from the club.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

What exactly would you like to know? Details of the confidential management recruitment process? Do you think this would improve our chances of getting a good new manager, if the club started updating fans on who they've spoken to, who is interviewing, who they like and who they don't like? How do you think any candidates for the position would feel about the club publicly sharing that sort of information with the fans? Do you think it help us attract the top talent available?

Get a grip, FFS. It's the 5th June, the season only finished a couple of weeks ago. Find yourself a hobby.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Pointless announcements I can live without - positive action and positive announcements I would like - and quickly. When was the last time the club stumbled out of the play-offs, lurched into a head coach / manager crisis, let it drag on until pre-season training started, and messed up the squad replenishing all at the same time by scrabbling around at the last minute ? Do something once, you can be unlucky, do something twice in quick succession and it begins to look like incompetence. I'll be hyppy with Happia if he turns out to be the guy - but I can only fear that time is passing us by once again and there is a Burke finding our new players.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Write them a letter.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

That sounds really, really dark.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Purely guess work but I'm starting to get the feeling the new kit announcement will be tied in with the official opening of the new training ground, who know's maybe Nike are sponsoring the training ground as well as supplying our new kit.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Pointless announcements I can live without - positive action and positive announcements I would like - and quickly. When was the last time the club stumbled out of the play-offs, lurched into a head coach / manager crisis, let it drag on until pre-season training started, and messed up the squad replenishing all at the same time by scrabbling around at the last minute ? Do something once, you can be unlucky, do something twice in quick succession and it begins to look like incompetence. I'll be hyppy with Happia if he turns out to be the guy - but I can only fear that time is passing us by once again and there is a Burke finding our new players.

Bear in mind also that last year when it dragged on we had the basis of a decent squad in place, this year I am not sure we could field two 5 a side teams unless we played rush goalie.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You can always rely on a few souls to deliberatly misunderstand a thread and drag it off in a different direction. Sensitive information I don't expect because drunk or stupid I am not. But clearly the fact that North Stand Chat remains pretty active on the subject suggests that many fans did not switch off their interest in the club when the final ball was kicked. Remember fan is short for fanatic. I have several hobbies, following the Albion is one of them, and as the Club demanded next season's ticket money early doors, I don't see why the occasional bulletin should not be issued. Not BS, just 'a followup on the 'high calibre candidates' one would be nice. And as for the kit, I'm too old to dash out and buy one for casual wear, but I am genuinely interested in what my team will wear next season with our new 'high profile kit manufacturers'. Apart from the usual devils advocates on NSC I would be surprised if anyone who logs in to this site would not prefer a little more in the way of general updates on the managerial appontment and I'm sure many share a passing interest in the new Nike kit. I know we aren't Barce or Roma, but their new Nike kits came with a massive fanfare. We will be only the second bespoke striped kit from Nike 'allegedly', so yes, I'm interested.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I reckon there's been no announcement because they're busy trying to find a new manager and recruit new players. Just a thought.

All the announcement would be able to say is "the recruitment process is ongoing".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here