Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is NSC The Stumbling Block?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Is NSC's penchant for a binfest and posters educated criticisms of possible candidates a main stumbling block on negotiations with prospective managers. It could certainly put a lot of top managers off.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I heard that a certain Mr Ancelotti was more than interested until he read about the barrages and moans about players/mangers on this forum. Henceforth he decided to stay put.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Michael Laudrup was tempted, but he decided against applying in case he got Jamie'd

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Is NSC's penchant for a binfest and posters educated criticisms of possible candidates a main stumbling block on negotiations with prospective managers. It could certainly put a lot of top managers off.

Really ? I was absolutely convinced that at least half a dozen top managers regularly post on here.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Guardiola was up for the challenge provided by the mighty Brighton but read on here that anyone could've achieved what he did with the team he had at Barca.

Now, whilst the majority of sane people know that that's a wildly inaccurate viewpoint, Pep took it to heart and turned us down as he felt unworthy.

He was last seen moping outside Wetherspoons on George Street.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
If anybody were genuinely to think potential managers would be put off by NSC, they need to get a life.

And if any potential managers were genuinely put off by NSC, I feel sorry for them.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
No way. I guess all clubs have these sort of sites and any worthy manager is not going to be greatly affected by a few keyboard operators.

I'm not so sure. Maybe OG was a little more sensitive than we thought. His style of play got quite a pasting on here. along with the long face and lack of touchline animation.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I have been wondering if there was one manager that all of NSC would be happy with....... and then I realised that was silly

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

No but I'm pretty sure it could play a part in a resignation and going somewhere where they will be appreciated by the majority.

NSC and other clubs fan forums are good measures of how fans feel about the manager, whether educated criticisms or not.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Of course not, there are so many managers and other chairmen on here so why would it put them off ?

Well, people who think they know more than managers and chairmen of course.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I'm not so sure. Maybe OG was a little more sensitive than we thought. His style of play got quite a pasting on here. along with the long face and lack of touchline animation.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who think this. I'm pretty sure he looked at NSC at least once

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I am sure managers know that even if they are not liked, all they have to do is win matches and everyone comes round.

No way would they look at a site like this or take any notice of a rabble like us!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I agree, even if Oscar didn't read NSC directly, which he probably didn't, I am pretty sure his journalist friend Noelia Déniz would have done and he would have been briefed on general status of support.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here