Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what stage will england get to in the world cup?

What stage will we get to?

• Group-stage

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • Round Of 16

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Quarter Final

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Semi-Final

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Final

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winners!

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
well its pretty much what the title says. what stage will we get to before we are knocked out? (most likely on penalties)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Group Stage or Quarters. If quarters it should be a good first step for many of these players at their first WC. More important to me is that we attempt attacking, attractive football.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Second Round.

Two Draws and a win get us out of the groupstage and a disaponting loss in the second round, just after everyone had started to believe.

Shattered dreams and 4 more years of pain.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Group stage.

All three games between England, Italy and Uruguay to be draws, and all three to beat Costa Rica, but England go out on goals scored. :down:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
If we get out the group then we should reach the quarter-finals - the toughest draw we can get in the second round is a Falcao-less Colombia who, if we can knock out one of Italy & Uruguay, we should beat. Any further than that is probably beyond us.

I reckon that's what we'll do, too - so have voted for that.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think we'll get past the group, but no idea after that

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Round of 16 for me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Quarters.

We will progress from the group in second place, beat Columbia and then lose to Brazil.

Having done a little work prediction competition I made out the quarters to be

Brazil vs England
France vs Germany
Belgium vs Argentina
Spain vs Uruguay.

HOW GOOD IS THAT.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think we'll scrape through the group. Columbia, Greece, Japan or Ivory Coast await in the 2nd Round if we get through.

Can't see Japan getting out of that group, but if they somehow did and we got them, happy days. Greece would be a complete and utter borefest of a game but we'd eventually prevail I think. Ivory Coast have some tremendous individuals, and the prospect of Jagielka/Cahill vs Drogba would probably have me wetting the bed the night before, but again I think we'd sneak through unconvincingly. Columbia are severely weakened without their talisman Falcao, but playing a South American team in South America, not easy...but again, I still believe we'd have enough to do it.

Brazil in the Quarters = game over though. Obviously.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Why not be optimistic and say semis :)

Interesting question, how big a favourite were we going into the '66 WC? Were we the underdogs (even with home advantage)?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
No chance of getting out of that group in stinky hot Brazil, no chance - just enjoy watching the South Americans........

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I didn't see this poll but am staggered that six of the people who did thought we'd get to the semis, at least. It's true what they say about that strong stuff that people are smoking now

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here