Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone is going to die one day....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I remember years back David Frost used to present a Guinness World Records TV show, it was American-centric and shown on Sunday afternoons. He had a special feature on some numpty bloke who held the record for something like climbing up a mountain and then parachuting off it.

Frost: "Why do you do it?"
Numpty bloke: "It gives me a real appreciation of life. It makes me feel alive".

End of show....

Frost: "Two weeks after making this film [numpty bloke] died after a parachute failed on a similar jump"

What a ****.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Nice views from up there.
If he was filming that himself then how could he hang from one arm ? If he wasn't holding the camera himself then why not show him hanging with one arm rather than hiding his top half which could of been in a harness ?
Either way it's still very high and rather him than me.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Nice views from up there.
If he was filming that himself then how could he hang from one arm ? If he wasn't holding the camera himself then why not show him hanging with one arm rather than hiding his top half which could of been in a harness ?
Either way it's still very high and rather him than me.

I'm guessing a camera strapped to his head, like a Go-Pro.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Channel 4 showed a documentary on James Kingston (the lad in the video) a few months ago, I am not great with heights at all and it was seriously scary. He travelled to the Ukraine to meet another free climber and it was actually a very interesting program in the end.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm physically shaking, that's awful, I'm not sure if this is bravery or blind stupidity?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Channel 4 showed a documentary on James Kingston (the lad in the video) a few months ago, I am not great with heights at all and it was seriously scary. He travelled to the Ukraine to meet another free climber and it was actually a very interesting program in the end.

I saw that. Compelling viewing though i pitied his poor mother who knows there is a good chance he won't come back each time he goes out.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
That programme where he went to ukraine said dozens of free climbers have been killed in eastern europe and asia, although there haven't been any yet in the UK. The kid said hanging from a crane is physically no different from hanging from monkey bars - it's the mental side that freaks people out. Too effin right!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Just watched it. What an absolute nutter. If my son did that is slap him!

Serious note though (as I am a boring git) that jumper he stashed surely could cause a malfunction, or he could slip and fall landing on someone and killing them as well. Or a shoe could fall off and cause an accident This free jumping malarkey is a little selfish if you ask me. Am I alone or just a seriously kill joy sod?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here