Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roberto Di Matteo

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
According to a sauce the man who finally got Ambromovich his Champions League win only to be shafted a few months later has been spotted at the Amex this morning.

No Idea if he will be appointed but guessing this means he's involved in discussions. Anyone else have thoughts on him as our potential manager

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Isn't it easier just to name people who haven't been seen at The Amex?

Errrr, I'm struggling.....

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Damn shame there's no workable phone signal at the Amex.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
According to a sauce the man who finally got Ambromovich his Champions League win only to be shafted a few months later has been spotted at the Amex this morning.

No Idea if he will be appointed but guessing this means he's involved in discussions. Anyone else have thoughts on him as our potential manager

Has a champions league win and promotion from the championship on his managerial CV. If he's interested, we ought to get him in.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Has a champions league win and promotion from the championship on his managerial CV. If he's interested, we ought to get him in.

Bollox, we've got a Charity Shield in our trophy cabinet and Palace will never top that, no matter how many years they spend in the Premiership so we can rest easy.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
There is a post on the Sami hypia thread last night at 23:40 from "the large one" stating a source had confirmed there were more candidates to see. This would confirm if true.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

He can't possibly have got a promotion from the championship, it's impossible, he's foreign, people have said so.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He's been my pick from day 1, like the bloke a lot and knows how to get out of this division.

As above, if he's interested, I don't see any better realistic options.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Best friends with Gus, not going to happen

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford

How have you come to that conclusion?

They were teammates for years, I'm sure Di Matteo knows all about Gus' character - the good and the bad parts of it.

I can't see him deciding not to meet the club for discussions if he has been asked based on the fact his friend was sacked.

Even if Gus has ranted about his perceived treatment and working relationships, you would hope Di Matteo is mature enough to find out for himself.

Saying that none of us know if he's on the list anyway.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere

Being friends with Gus stopped him from applying a year ago, apparently.

But it's now a year later and everyone's moved on.

I think he'd make a good manager. But would he uproot from the Midlands to here? It was commutable from Brum to Stamford Bridge - maybe his kids are at an age where they can now move.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How have you come to that conclusion?

They were teammates for years, I'm sure Di Matteo knows all about Gus' character - the good and the bad parts of it.

I can't see him deciding not to meet the club for discussions if he has been asked based on the fact his friend was sacked.

Even if Gus has ranted about his perceived treatment and working relationships, you would hope Di Matteo is mature enough to find out for himself.

Saying that none of us know if he's on the list anyway.

I think that they are quite good mates still? Depends if there are other options open to Di Matteo I guess but I reckon Gus would do a very good job of warning his mate off the job personally.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I think that they are quite good mates still? Depends if there are other options open to Di Matteo I guess but I reckon Gus would do a very good job of warning his mate off the job personally.

If Di Matteo can be swayed about whether to meet the club / accept the job then he's not the manager for me.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Didn't Poyet state he was on good terms with the club following the dropping of legal action / pay off sorted etc.?
Dont think RDM would have any issue coming here due to his relationship with Poyet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here