Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Healthy Food

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Following on from the "Chav Food" thread a short while ago (which read as a what's-what of my day-to-day diet for the last 10 years) I'd like to swing the other way (ooh-err) and ask the chefs of NSC what their favourite and easiest to prepare healthy "dishes" are.

My main rule regarding food preparation has always been "if it takes longer to prepare than it does to eat, I ain't bothering".
So with that in mind, what good stuff can be made in 10 minutes ish? Just made a cracking :lolol: omelette, but that's about the limit of my culinary skills thus far..

D

Deleted member 18477

Chicken, sweet potato, veg.
Chicken stir fry
Steak, salad.
Spag Bol

You're a bodybuilder right? Well ok, but these are my favourite quick and easy meals when I want something healthy.

Get it down ya, and get on with life! :thumbsup:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Tuna + jacket potato + rocket salad.

Add a bit of fresh basil or chilli to the tuna to give it that extra kick, I prefer my jacket potato baked rather than microwaved, but can be done in 10 minutes. Rocket salad can be bought pre-made, add a few vine ripped cherry tomatoes and sliced red onion. Very nice with balsamic vinegar. Cost roughly less than a fiver and offers a few meals.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
chop up an onion, chilli, clove of garlic and a green pepper, fry in a bit of olive oil until soft. Pour in a bit of passata to make it runny. add salt/pepper to taste. lob in a tin of tuna & some chopped mushrooms. simmer for a couple of minutes. throw in some chopped coriander just before serving and stir it in.
serve with fresh pasta or brown rice.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Start every day with a big bowl of porridge and raisins. Takes about 4 mins.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Tuna + jacket potato + rocket salad.

Add a bit of fresh basil or chilli to the tuna to give it that extra kick, I prefer my jacket potato baked rather than microwaved, but can be done in 10 minutes. Rocket salad can be bought pre-made, add a few vine ripped cherry tomatoes and sliced red onion. Very nice with balsamic vinegar. Cost roughly less than a fiver and offers a few meals.

How can you bake a jacket potato in under 10 mins?

My meal choice would have to go with some salmon, new potaotes and salad.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Spanish style salad

Tuna
Lettuce & tomatoes
Pine nuts
Marinated peppers in oil

Squeeze an orange or lemon over it

With a flat bread, drizzled with balsamic. Lovely stuff.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I'm keen on tuna burgers which I must make 2/3 times a week. 1 can of tuna, 1 egg, 1/4 red onion and any herbs/spices you like (I go for garlic and a little chilli). Then form into 2 burgers and fry in a tiny bit of oil. Serve with salad or a bit of rice - beautiful

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm keen on tuna burgers which I must make 2/3 times a week. 1 can of tuna, 1 egg, 1/4 red onion and any herbs/spices you like (I go for garlic and a little chilli). Then form into 2 burgers and fry in a tiny bit of oil. Serve with salad or a bit of rice - beautiful

I like the sound of that!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Healthy food is a good idea. Can I thoroughly recommend it. Fruit, veg, pulses, grains and other plant material are good (and if you disagree with this, think of what produces your preferred alcoholic beverage), although some worthy people can over do them. The best maxim for food is (I think) from Michael Pollan, and is condensed into eight words:
Plenty of plants; not much meat; maximum variety.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Guacamole - mash an avocado. Add some chopped garlic, chopped tomato (without pips) and chili powder. Stir and eat with pitta bread, toast or nachos.

Coleslaw - grate some carrot and celeriac. Maybe some thinly sliced cabbage as well. Add mayonnaise and mix in.

Smoked haddock - poach for a few minutes in milk. Serve with fresh brown bread & butter.

Tuna and artichoke - drain, mix together, season, and put it in a sandwich or baguette - a delicious combination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here