Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Macclesfield Town,can anyone advise ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Exactly the same at Leeds. Have to buy a season ticket with a cheque guarantee or in cash.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There is not necessarily a link between MTFC's finances and Streamline's decision. The way it works for credit cards is that Streamline give the club the money immediately and then have to collect it from the ST holder; with interest if the ST holder takes more than a month to pay off the card debt in full. The article suggests that Streamline have reviewed their debt exposure and determined that footie fans aren't a great risk, so have decided not to offer their services any more. What is weird however is that MTFC have said that it applies to debit card transactions too. Unlike credit card transactions there is no time exposure - the ST holder's bank won't authorise the transaction unless the funds are there. So.... this last bit does, I suppose, indicate that MTFC may be being somewhat economical with the whole truth...

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well Goldstone,that point you make on debit card payments was the 'trigger point' for me. Unless money is in your account to pay a debit card payment it won't go through (or should not as a rule) if it is and you pay up in advance MTFC have the money in their account not yours.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
There is not necessarily a link between MTFC's finances and Streamline's decision. The way it works for credit cards is that Streamline give the club the money immediately and then have to collect it from the ST holder; with interest if the ST holder takes more than a month to pay off the card debt in full. The article suggests that Streamline have reviewed their debt exposure and determined that footie fans aren't a great risk, so have decided not to offer their services any more. What is weird however is that MTFC have said that it applies to debit card transactions too. Unlike credit card transactions there is no time exposure - the ST holder's bank won't authorise the transaction unless the funds are there. So.... this last bit does, I suppose, indicate that MTFC may be being somewhat economical with the whole truth...

Your almost there but it is the risk of company not cardholder.

If I were to purchase a season ticket at MTFC today using my card MTFC would receive te money into their account after x period (generally around 30 days). The product (season ticket) which a consumer has purchased however would not be seen until the start of season, hence if something happened to MTFC between now and then, streamline and the card issuer would be liable for the debt under section 74 of the consumer credit act. (In short if the organisation supplying goods cannot fulfil, the card issuer has joint and several liability hence would need to refund consumer.)

One industry this is very prevalent in is travel/airlines as typically people purchase tickets in advance, and travel after a number of months. Because of the risk of airline going bust card charges are inflated hence often travel companies charge you a percentage for using credit card payment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here